• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dow Jones Down: Trump Takes Responsibility !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Gee, it couldn't be that the market is overpriced?
Sure, but when a Prez takes too much credit for other things beyond
his control, he must endure some snark when something turns sour.

I am pleased though that the highly intelligent posters on RF realize
that stock prices are not the economy. A little price drop isn't bad at all.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Or is it Bush's fault?

Doesn't god control the stock market like he controls everything else in his divine wisdom? Got gets all the credit for an Eagles victory ina Super Bowl, yet we can't blame him for a minor stock market overcorrection?

Let's blame god!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The fact of what happened over the last two trading days was at least somewhat predictable, and this was mentioned a while back by a few of us after the tax cuts were passed.

One thing that has spooked the market is the fear of rising interest rates necessitated by throwing too much money into an economy that already is strong. Because of the danger of "overheating", the Fed may not have a choice but to raise those rates.

Also, there is the fear of the rapid increase in the deficit, with the Fed having to borrow an estimate one trillion dollars over the next year, and yet this "conservative" administration plans on increasing military spending and infrastructure spending that is not yet being paid for-- and that's not even including "Trump's Wall".

And to think that Republicans actually used to want a balanced-budget amendment. :emojconfused:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Doesn't god control the stock market like he controls everything else in his divine wisdom? Got gets all the credit for an Eagles victory ina Super Bowl, yet we can't blame him for a minor stock market overcorrection?

Let's blame god!
Why not? Man has no responsibility for their actions! Wait a minute.... I though "the Devil made me do it!"

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Surprised that none of the Usual Suspects are here to explain how the recent stock market gains were directly because of Trump but the more recent fall is nothing to do with him.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Surprised that none of the Usual Suspects are here to explain how the recent stock market gains were directly because of Trump but the more recent fall is nothing to do with him.
Dontcha just hate it when one's personal prejudice about others is exposed?

Phantasman

Anyone who plays the market successfully understands the hiccup that occurs in futures. Only a fool panics and sells at the first sign of one. The greatest stock rise in history produced the greatest hiccup as well. It deserves one now and then, yet to some, they turn into Chicken Little.

I watch the business tickers and they saw it as I did. Nothing to worry about. CNN (Blitzer) tried to cause undo panic in ignorance. Bothered me, and I had to switch to FBN and Bloomberg to get the facts. I'm getting real disappointed in CNNs coverage of details being absent to try and make their "opinions" seem factual.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Then we would need a balanced trade amendment.
Actually, that is of far lesser importance because of how the international exchange works. However, what is much more important is to have all countries play fairly, but all too many don't, and one of those is the good ole U.S.A. China is the worse, if that's any real consolation.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Actually, that is of far lesser importance because of how the international exchange works. However, what is much more important is to have all countries play fairly, but all too many don't, and one of those is the good ole U.S.A. China is the worse, if that's any real consolation.
Foreign trade is important because the trade deficit is how we bleed off the extra money we create with a budget deficit. Money would pile up here if we didn't siphon it off with a trade imbalance. A balanced budget means trade deficits would deplete our money supply and we would go into a deflationary spin.