• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Like assuming a God existing? Like assuming the Bible is God's word? Like assuming literalist interpretations are valid? No thanks.

It's factual, not anyone's assumption.

So you concede the Counsels existed, but not what they did?

No God is known to exist. And there are reputable historians who have written explanations for how the Bible was written, edited, and collected through history.

Sounds like something God can't eliminate through his absolute power. That's odd. It's almost as if what you believe is imagined.

Not really. I'd be impressed if a book was written many millennia ago and resisted changed over time. The Bible is a testament to how humans meddle in their religious belief. The Ecumenucal Cousels themselves is a huge example of the Bible being changed by those in power and with agendas.

What a massive conspiracy that no one has heard of. Who are these leaders, exactly? And how are they destroying Bibles? Can you link to a video of this happening so we can make sure you aren't pulling our legs?

Is that what they are doing? Banning books, well they must be republicans. Well it's a good thing the Gideons put Bibles on a chain in motels.
God said, He has hidden the truth and blinded the unbelievers, so they will never know the truth. It's evident you're not aware of the conspiracy to destroy Gods Word, and it's no wonder when we consider that the unbelievers are spiritually blind so they can't even see what's happening. It just goes to show that God is right, when He said He blinds the unbeliever

It was "Catholic" in Latin. It is very close to today's "catholic":

"The word catholic (derived via Late Latin catholicus, from the ancient Greek adjective καθολικός (katholikos) 'universal')[3][4] comes from the Greek phrase καθόλου (katholou) 'on the whole, according to the whole, in general', and is a combination of the Greek words κατά (kata) 'about' and ὅλος (holos) 'whole'.[5][6] The first known use of "Catholic" was by the church father Saint Ignatius of Antioch in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans (circa 110 AD).[7] In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages."

Yes I belong to the one Universal "Catholic" Church, but don't confuse that with "Pagan Roman Catholicism", which has nothing to do with the Bride of Christ".

How would you prove that any of it is "God's inspired Word"? You sound little different from the Mormons when they talk about their added holy books.
The Holy Bible has proven to be the Word of God, to every single One of Gods Elect Saints as we have a personal relationship with the Living God. It is foolishness to the rest of humanity as God has hidden the truth from them

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Millions of personal testimonies!!!!

Yeah, here is the limit to that method.
Let us unpack it. If I say something and mean/believe/experince it, it is true because I mean/beleve/experince it.
So here it what is true as I mean/beleve/experince it: You are wrong.

That is now a fact, because it meets your standard for truth. Now can you explain what the problem is with your standard of truth?

Tomef

Yeah, here is the limit to that method.
Let us unpack it. If I say something and mean/believe/experince it, it is true because I mean/beleve/experince it.
So here it what is true as I mean/beleve/experince it: You are wrong.

That is now a fact, because it meets your standard for truth. Now can you explain what the problem is with your standard of truth?
Millions, possibly billions, of 6-8 year olds all over the planet have a keen awareness of the unutterable, final, definitive power of the word ‘because’. Unfortunately, many of us forget this as we grow older. This is a shame, as the absolute power of the phrase ‘because it is’ is known by younger children everywhere to absolutely and definitively prove something to be the pure and unadulterated truth, for ever and ever.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Millions, possibly billions, of 6-8 year olds all over the planet have a keen awareness of the unutterable, final, definitive power of the word ‘because’. Unfortunately, many of us forget this as we grow older. This is a shame, as the absolute power of the phrase ‘because it is’ is known by younger children everywhere to absolutely and definitively prove something to be the pure and unadulterated truth, for ever and ever.
I don't know about you, but as a child and adult "because it is" is never satisfactory. There's always a reason beyond "because."