• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Board Games

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The kids are playing a Peppa Pig version of Chutes and Ladders.

I hate Chutes and Ladders. Tedious, and absolutely no skill or planning involved at all. But, they're happy.

What board games did you play as a kid? What board games do you enjoy now?

libre

Skylark
My parents were advocates of giving the younglings Scrabble early.
At the time I was struggling to read and informally identified as having dyslexia, so this was much to my dismay.
I think this is a way they did me well in retrospect.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Aggravation, Monopoly, Life, Stratego, Scrabble, and Candyland. I also had Battleship, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a board game.

I don't play too many nowadays, because I'd know my opponent's exact strategy. :D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My parents were advocates of giving the younglings Scrabble early.
At the time I was struggling to read and informally identified as having dyslexia, so this was much to my dismay.
I think this is a way they did me well in retrospect.
Scrabble was a fun one! Upwords, too!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Aggravation, Monopoly, Life, Stratego, Scrabble, and Candyland. I also had Battleship, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a board game.

I don't play too many nowadays, because I'd know my opponent's exact strategy. :D
I love Monopoly! Seldom meet another fan.

Someone gave Ares a Life game a couple years back. The current version is much more complicated than I remember the old one being.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I didn't do board games, usually too much red (or colour that contains red) on the board.
By the time i got my filter specks board games became boring

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Good list, plus: checkers, chess, backgammon, Sorry, parchesi, and obscure, but i loved it: Man from UNCLE

And LOTS of card playing

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I hate Chutes and Ladders. Tedious, and absolutely no skill or planning involved at all. But, they're happy.

Well my board games are now all PC but my favorite series is Hoyle where they make card games, board games , and every fun family thing you can think of, plus the characters they have you playing with are hilarious and I love them all.

And yep you probably could guess it...

Hoyle had Chutes and Ladders as well in their board games!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Weird cultural difference... we call it snakes and ladders.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

As a kid, I played Chinese checkers, checkers, chess, & Monopoly.
I used to play go, but now I play no board games.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't remember them all but Clue, Monopoly, Risk, Chutes and Ladders, Yatzee, Sorry! and others. My favorite was Risk because the battled built and build until a final gigantic war to crown a victor. (I know but that was a different era).

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Chess, Stratego, Scrabble, Risk, Senet, Clue, Yahtzee or Kismet (dice games) Life, Chinese Checkers, Which Witch, Monopoly, Pahrcheesi, backgammon, and quite a few I don't remember the names of.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Disney version of Monopoly

49013.jpg

...and checkers of course.