• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Earnest Plea for Unity

David1967

Premium Member
Greetings to all of the believers in the One God of Abraham, and may His Peace and Blessings be always upon us!

While meditating upon a passage from Bahá'u'lláh's Gleanings, something is weighing heavily on my heart, brothers and sisters: our disunity as the People of God. We argue and fight, kill each other, make war with one another. WE NEED TO STOP! WE ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM! Surely, God — who has, through the children of one and the same man, brought forth four different religions— commands us as His Servants, His Lovers, to be one family! Understanding this, the various conflicts which have arisen among us (for any reason) MUST be extinguished. Can this happen? With every fiber of my being, I say “Yes!” How? I believe that it comes through an honest examination of not only the words of our Holy Books, but also the Spirit of those Words, and the manifestation of true devotion to them and that Spirit in our dealings with each other. In all of the Books, there is an unambiguous affirmation of the Unity of God, the Glorification of His Majesty, the Creation of all humankind by the One and the Same God, and a firm belief in the Revelation of God as given to Abraham, and in His Messengers.

So, what am I saying in all of this? In our differences, we must learn to hold our peace, not allowing them whatsoever to continue to be sources of contention and strife. In our similarities, we must rejoice, as the common Lovers of the Almighty God — Jews, Christians, Muslims, and Bahá'ís — in the spirit of unity and reconciliation! If you agree, then say so!

I AGREE Brother! :)

David1967

Premium Member
Ain't EVER gonna happen.
Can we imagine the dingbats that pass around a basket of rattlesnakes to play
with giving up such a sacred act to prove Faith?
Not likely. The practice is banned in many States yet still practiced by the ignorant.

Well, the rattlesnakes are starting to thin that bunch out.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Well, the rattlesnakes are starting to thin that bunch out.

Yup! From what I've read and seen on t-v about that bunch of lunatics is that if
bitten "it's a test of faith" to NOT seek medical help.
If "faithful" the victim will let the group "pray him out of danger".
Yeah, sure!
Wonder of anyone told the rattlesnake that?

David1967

Premium Member
Yup! From what I've read and seen on t-v about that bunch of lunatics is that if
bitten "it's a test of faith" to NOT seek medical help.
If "faithful" the victim will let the group "pray him out of danger".
Yeah, sure!
Wonder of anyone told the rattlesnake that?

With that bunch. .....I feel sorry for the rattlesnakes.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
IDIOTS.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-handling-pentecostal-pastor-dies-snake-bite/story?id=22551754

Article is a video and show morons playing with rattlesnakes and details how one
bitten "pastor" refused medical treatment and DIED.

Well cleaning up the gene pool ain't so bad is it?
Don't those hillbilly morons know any "god" worth believing in wouldn't want a believer
to needlessly risk death in such a grisly fashion?
Why no load a 6 shot shot revolver with ONE LIVE round and play Russian
"prove your faith" roulette?