• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question for Theistic Satanists

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
The question I have is something I wish answered by a practitioner(s) to help me better understand the belief systems of this denomination of Satanists. I am still at the stage of exploring the perceptions of other LHP practitioners as part of my progression to work out exactly what it is I, myself, believe and this is something that has been bugging me for a little while.

My question actually comes in two parts:

Firstly, is it accepted that theistic Satanists will typically adopt the Christian Satan as their figure of worship/prime deity, or is it more typical for a theistic Satanist to take the name 'Satan' and apply it to a different archetype? If the latter is true, then why the name Satan? Why not Lucifer, Leviathan, Loki or any other deity representative of dark oppositionism? The reason I ask is because if there are but a few theistic Satanists whom adopt the Christian devil as their deity, then my main question will have little relevance.

The second, and most to-the-point question is this: What justification exists to suggest that Satan is greater than God? I am not trying to start a debate by any means, but logic would dictate that in a Christian sense, as righteous and gallant as Satan is, his power is inferior to that of Yahweh. He was created by Yahweh, was defeated by Yahweh, and was cast down by Yahweh. In such a case, why would one elect Satan to be their chief focus of spirituality?

This confuses me greatly, though I suspect that my perception of Satanic theism is plagued by my Catholic upbringing and any helpful responses would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, LHP.

Well I have known Satanist's who often fuse Paganism with Satanism which is quite rational considering Satan is derived from pre-Judaic concepts. Numerous parts of the Bible are of pagan origins themselves.
Did you know Loki is equivalent to Satan? Satan or Shaytaan is the whisperer exactly like Loki. Lucifer is not even a reference to the Christian Satan, he is more intune with the Titan Prometheus.
Satan is a name and nothing more but a symbolic figure although as to why you would worship such an evil figure I have no idea why.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I am merely suggesting that all of these sources are wrong because I am aware they have no direct experience since it conflicts with mine. Facts don't cancel out facts and my facts cancel out their continual baloney because I bothered to do what is necessary to discover the truth regardless of the impact to myself, or anything else for that matter. I never let fear rule me, and the result was the honest simple truth with no strings. I don't want you to believe me... I want you to spit in the eye of the deceiver and find it yourself because it is all there if you want it. I don't want your faith and neither does Satan. We want you to see -- to peak under those robes and gilded frocks and get past all the deception and really understand your nature. If this makes me evil... so be it.. But, be aware that these truths are accessible to anyone who cares to know the way. It merely takes unending commitment to discovery and honesty with oneself to arrive at the destination. You can figure it out now or in your next life... I am pretty sure we have forever. Mull on that a bit, but remember THIS time is running out. :)

This post is more a game than a straight answer because I felt like giving you something to digest. If you won't work for it you won't get what you seek anyway, and if you will the fact that the incline is steep won't deter you. Think about the questions my commentary raises, and then think about how one could go about solving that equation. There you will understand much more... You will have my answer in your own words. :) Whether you go right or left matters not for the path is circular, but still has a destination. Learn to ride the wave...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
So basically your an atheist?

Not at all. There isn't really a word for what I am. An Atheist doesn't believe in anything, and a religious person believes things they haven't direct experience of aka faith... Both are silly if you extend logic to them. The Atheist has a shut mind, and the other fills their mind with unresearched garbage. Both are intellectual and spiritual poison of different sorts.

SInce I know of Satan and relate to said I consider myself a theistic Satanist. I care little for what the bible has to say on that matter since my life experience is completely contrary in nearly every case to what is in that book. One can forge these connections directly if they will and get it from the horse's mouth so to speak and see how that harmonizes or conflicts with ones own essential nature.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I believe that Satan is at least as old as humanity is. I think He is far older, though. I think He has been known under many different names and guises. I don't buy into Christian theology about Satan, but I am influenced by it. I don't take the myths as literal but I use them to inform my view of what and Who Satan is. So I am primarily influenced by Christian, Jewish, Canaanite, Greek, Babylonian and Sumerian myths when it comes to learning more about the Adversary. Satan is just His most current guise.