• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Thing About Your Job

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
What's a floater teacher?

I've never heard of that before and don't know what it is
I am not the main teacher in any the classrooms. Instead I am put where my boss needs me. That means i work in all the classrooms but it's unpredictable which class ill be in on which day. I also can get called in early if someone is out

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I am not the main teacher in any the classrooms. Instead I am put where my boss needs me. That means i work in all the classrooms but it's unpredictable which class ill be in on which day. I also can get called in early if someone is out
Interesting

I did not know that!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I also could in multiple classrooms in one day. Today i was in the preschool building then was moved to the baby room and now im with the 3 year olds
I once had a go at teaching

Absolutely could not do it

But that was with adolescents

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your favorite thing about your job?

When I was in college, I more or less never wanted to leave the University. I belong at the University. Now I'm at University and am constantly exposed to science nerds, learning new things, helping students figure out what they want to do with their lives, and basically get to proselytize and get paid for it lol.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
What do you do for a living and what is your favorite thing about your job?
I'm a dishwasher.

My favorite thing is the lack of responsibility and the lack of major choices. As long as the plates are clean, I did my job and that's all I have to worry about and people praise me for doing so. I think working a simple job like that can be rewarding for me, I sometimes feel like I live for praise.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
What is your favorite thing about your job?

When I was in college, I more or less never wanted to leave the University. I belong at the University. Now I'm at University and am constantly exposed to science nerds, learning new things, helping students figure out what they want to do with their lives, and basically get to proselytize and get paid for it lol.
I like universities

They have strong vibrant energies

They are packed full with youth and intelligence

And I love university libraries

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
What do you do for a living and what is your favorite thing about your job?
I'm a teaching assistant. I'm allocated various students (in various classes) who have been identified as needing additional learning input, such as those with ADHD, ASD, dyslexia and Tourette's Syndrome. That's basically my favourite thing - the actual job - (as opposed to the monkeying about with stuff on the school computer systems).

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I like universities

They have strong vibrant energies

They are packed full with youth and intelligence

And I love university libraries
They're also packed full of youth and stupidity... haha... but hey, I don't blame them for it at all. Something me and my fellow colleagues notice is that there's a great diversity not just in terms of background academic knowledge, but in basic life skills. A lot of the ways we see our students struggle is lack of basic life skills. It is to be expected, as for many it is their first time out on their own. Probably my favorite unit to teach to new students is about basic life skills for cultivating wellness. Things as simple as managing expectations to not stress yourself out. Stuff some kids learned from their parents, but others just didn't.

Oh and libraries? Libraries in general are like sacred temples to me. Especially University Library.