• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I really like fish, and aquariums! I've been into the hobby for a long time now, around 12 years.

20220406_202602.jpg

Also, I really like this cheese cake! It's from Aldi. Unfortunately, this box was my last of it for quite some time, as I recently found out that I am a type 2 diabetic.

20240327_201351.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I really like fish, and aquariums! I've been into the hobby for a long time now, around 12 years.

View attachment 90295

Also, I really like this cheese cake! It's from Aldi. Unfortunately, this box was my last of it for quite some time, as I recently found out that I am a type 2 diabetic.

View attachment 90296
Is that you aquarium? I've got a few; freshwater.

That looks like a yummy cheesecake. :) I'm sorry to hear you've learned you're diabetic..

Hello! Yes. Well, it used to be. It was when I had my 33 gallon long tank setup full of White Cloud Mountain Minnows, and cherry shrimp. I have, since then, tore down the tank and purchased a slightly larger 40 gallon tank.

And yes, it was! It sure better be for 11 dollars. Lol. Thank you. Unfortunately, it is almost entirely my fault lol

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Hello! Yes. Well, it used to be. It was when I had my 33 gallon long tank setup full of White Cloud Mountain Minnows, and cherry shrimp. I have, since then, tore down the tank and purchased a slightly larger 40 gallon tank.

And yes, it was! It sure better be for 11 dollars. Lol. Thank you. Unfortunately, it is almost entirely my fault lol
I thought genetics came into play.

Well, they do. But I believe only to a certain degree. My problem is my diet and weight. In fact, my doctor is pretty confident that if I lost 20-30 pounds, the diabetes will probably be gone. That as, as long as I eat properly also.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, they do. But I believe only to a certain degree. My problem is my diet and weight. In fact, my doctor is pretty confident that if I lost 20-30 pounds, the diabetes will probably be gone. That as, as long as I eat properly also.
I had a friend who went in for her yearly check up and was declared type 2 diabetic. She shrugged it off, and changed nothing.

At her next year check up, she wasn't diabetic anymore.

She had a bit of extra weight, but not really fat... her diet varied a lot, both positive and negative, and whether or not she felt like eating at all.

Good luck on your journey to good health!

Viker

Häxan
Hanging out with my animal buddies.
Spending time with friends.
Hikes in the forest.
Bobber style or classic motorcycles and riding motorcycles in general.
Just a start.