• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This year has thoroughly kicked my ***.

"Its about an attitude of gratitude" I hear. Normally, that works somewhat for me. However, with this recent run with depression, maintaining attitudes is too exhausting. Its enough just to get the daily chores done and attend to the family, no energy for anything like that...

So, I've decided I'd instead create a space to list stuff I like as I experience/think of them. Its less pressure to observe rather than feel sometimes.

I like diet Mountain Dew. Its not good for me, I don't care. It makes waking up a little less terrible. And I like it diet, not worried about the calories. Its less sugary, and its delicious.

You can list stuff you like, too. :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I like @JustGeorge 's wide selection of avatars.

I like that my YouTube feed is starting to actually know what I like, rather than just showing me random stuff I don't.

I like that it's an eventful time of year in American sports where baseball is going to hit postseason, and football is starting up.

I like that Halloween will be here before we know it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you! :)

I like yugioh!
I had a roommate years ago who loved Yugioh!
I like @JustGeorge 's wide selection of avatars.

I like that my YouTube feed is starting to actually know what I like, rather than just showing me random stuff I don't.

I like that it's an eventful time of year in American sports where baseball is going to hit postseason, and football is starting up.

I like that Halloween will be here before we know it.
Sometimes I find the YouTube feed amusing, as it attempts to predict what I want, coupled with what other people in the house have searched for....

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I like anything and everything pertaining to the paranormal.

I like being on RF and participating in threads that I find interesting.

I like to cook, bake, and collect a wide range of recipes and cookbooks.

I like to read, study new subjects, learn new things, and explore new places.

I like arts & crafts, as well as planning and participating in DIY projects with my family.

Of course, I have more interests than what I've mentioned, but I think that what I've listed thus far is a good start.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like anything and everything pertaining to the paranormal.
Its always interesting!
I like being on RF and participating in threads that I find interesting.
Me too!
I like to cook, bake, and collect a wide range of recipes and cookbooks.
Me too!
I like to read, study new subjects, learn new things, and explore new places.
Agreed!
I like arts & crafts, as well as planning and participating in DIY projects with my family.
That can be fun!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just a few, not in any particular order...

Coffee, fresh and strong, very strong.
I've just had a café gaumand ice cream (ok more coffee, so...)
Warm days like today, not too hot (31c/88f) wonderful cloudless french blue sky.
Walking in the forest.
Walking by the river Ceou
Picnic breakfast on the banks of the river Dordogne with the family
RF and most of it's denizen
Cooking with fresh ingredients, baking, making bread.
This time of year making jams.
Powerful cars.
Driving, either sedately on the public roads or fast (very fast) around a track.
Crawling on my hands and knees in a torch lit cave searching for artifacts
Museums
Renaissance art
Roman artifacts and art
My children (oh and my husband ;-)
Mushroom hunting
Gathering walnuts.
Cats and other animals too.

i may return and add some more but im off for a shower... Oh yes, i like showers ;-)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Just a few, not in any particular order...

Coffee, fresh and strong, very strong.
I've just had a café gaumand ice cream (ok more coffee, so...)
Warm days like today, not too hot (31c/88f) wonderful cloudless french blue sky.
Walking in the forest.
Walking by the river Ceou
Picnic breakfast on the banks of the river Dordogne with the family
RF and most of it's denizen
Cooking with fresh ingredients, baking, making bread.
This time of year making jams.
Powerful cars.
Driving, either sedately on the public roads or fast (very fast) around a track.
Crawling on my hands and knees in a torch lit cave searching for artifacts
Museums
Renaissance art
Roman artifacts and art
My children (oh and my husband ;-)
Mushroom hunting
Gathering walnuts.
Cats and other animals too.

i may return and add some more but im off for a shower... Oh yes, i like showers ;-)
Ares likes showers at the gym.

We didn't have one installed here, because he'd most certainly spray the wallpaper. But, its a nice reward for when he needs an incentive to do/not do something.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like in ground swimming pools. For some reason, I find it fascinating to be eye level with the ground.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ok. :)

Animals as Leaders
Animals, generally. But especially...well, you know.
Alice in Chains
SOAD
Shostakovich string quartets
Scriabin piano works
Rose & Lemon Turkish Delight
Marshmallows
Art Nouveau
Beers
Curry
Noodles
The Japanese aesthetic
That'll do...

I love Alice In Chains, but haven't been listening to them much because they drop my mood... Hopefully I can go back to it when I'm feeling better. That song is one of my favorites by them, though.

I wish I could find vegetarian marshmallows. I did once, but they didn't sell them long. They were tasty.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Things I like:
1. Champagne (or California Champagne (Korbel) or other sparkling wine. And before anyone says anything, Korbel won a court case with France to be able to put "California Champagne" on the label). If I'm going to pay the big bucks for the "real" stuff, then it's Tattinger.
2. Cheese and cracker snacks, especially with Boursin spreadable cheese.
3. Smoked salmon
4. Jazz, and especially Swing from the 1940s
5. Original 70s punk rock, 80s new wave, and 80s post-punk
6. Reading about history, religion, and social science; reading about "forbidden subjects" like drugs and subcultures
7. Hanging out in Paris (this doesn't happen very much), and travel in general (though I hate actually getting there, airports etc)
8. Museums
9. Art, all kinds but the brighter the colors the better in stuff that I buy to hang on the walls at home
10. Classic rock from the 1960s and 1970s, and especially that with a psychedelic sound

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

I love Alice In Chains, but haven't been listening to them much because they drop my mood... Hopefully I can go back to it when I'm feeling better. That song is one of my favorites by them, though.

I wish I could find vegetarian marshmallows. I did once, but they didn't sell them long. They were tasty.
Yeah, AiC live in minor keys!
Vegan marshmallows are common now in the UK.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Things I like:
1. Champagne (or California Champagne (Korbel) or other sparkling wine. And before anyone says anything, Korbel won a court case with France to be able to put "California Champagne" on the label). If I'm going to pay the big bucks for the "real" stuff, then it's Tattinger.
2. Cheese and cracker snacks, especially with Boursin spreadable cheese.
3. Smoked salmon
4. Jazz, and especially Swing from the 1940s
5. Original 70s punk rock, 80s new wave, and 80s post-punk
6. Reading about history, religion, and social science; reading about "forbidden subjects" like drugs and subcultures
7. Hanging out in Paris (this doesn't happen very much), and travel in general (though I hate actually getting there, airports etc)
8. Museums
9. Art, all kinds but the brighter the colors the better in stuff that I buy to hang on the walls at home
10. Classic rock from the 1960s and 1970s, and especially that with a psychedelic sound

Have you tried the Boursin with fig and nuts, it's delicious.
If you can get braden rost smoked salmon give it a go.
And too love late 60s, early 70s rock, its what i was weened on

Orbit

I'm a planet
Have you tried the Boursin with fig and nuts, it's delicious.
If you can get braden rost smoked salmon give it a go.
And too love late 60s, early 70s rock, its what i was weened on

If I could *find* that fig and nut Boursin anywhere I would love to try it! I'll look for that salmon on igourmet, they might have it, thanks. Rock on!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
IMG_6852.jpeg