• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator Tim Scott refuses to answer whether he will accept 2024 election results

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
On Meet the Press on Sunday, Senator Tim Scott (R - SC) was asked directly: "Senator, will you commit to accepting the election results of 2024, bottom line."

Scott's response was: "At the end of the day, the 47th President of the United States will be President Donald Trump."

The interviewer asked again: "Yes or no, will you accept the election results of 2024, no matter who wins."

Scott's response was: "That is my statement."

This went on for several quite surreal minutes, but in the end, try as she might, the interviewer could not get Scott to agree that he would accept the results of the election -- only that he looked forward to Donald Trump winning. And there's another loose screw in your democracy, folks.

Viker

Häxan
Senator Scott meant what he said in his initial response. And his hero has "hinted" that he won't accept anything short of his own victory.

In other words, round two of the 2020 election is on its way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
On Meet the Press on Sunday, Senator Tim Scott (R - SC) was asked directly: "Senator, will you commit to accepting the election results of 2024, bottom line."

Scott's response was: "At the end of the day, the 47th President of the United States will be President Donald Trump."

The interviewer asked again: "Yes or no, will you accept the election results of 2024, no matter who wins."

This went on for several quite surreal minutes, but in the end, try as she might, the interviewer could not get Scott to agree that he would accept the results of the election -- only that he looked forward to Donald Trump winning. And there's another loose screw in your democracy, folks.
Yep, I watched his squirm and avoid answering that simple question. I almost felt sorry for him.

Oops, I just lied. :(

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yep, I watched his squirm and avoid answering that simple question. I almost felt sorry for him.

Oops, I just lied. :(
You're forgiven. Such wretched cowardice and craven kowtowing to his orange god, it is absolutely pathetic. And especially from a man who once had a pretty good reputation.

I am so reminded of a scene from Robert Bolt's "A Man for All Seasons," after Richard Rich has betrayed Sir Thomas More in order to win a sinecure. More notices the chain around Rich's neck and remarks, "That is a fine chain of office you are wearing Richard, may I see it?" Another character says, "Master Rich has been made Attorney General for Wales."

More's response is perfect, in my view: "Ahh but Richard it profits a man nothing to gain the whole world if he should lose his soul… but for Wales Richard?"

"To lose your soul for the whole world, Senator, would profit you nothing...but for Veep?"

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
"To lost your soul for the whole world, Senator, would profit you nothing...but for Veep?"
And of course Tim Scott is not the only one to lose his soul. There are over a dozen such hopefuls, and they all must rid themselves of any integrity just to be in the running for a chance to run. Hopefully none of them will ever be Vice President.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'm so torn between fascination and horror with everything Trump. I'm so glad his mother emigrated over to you lot.

Clizby Wampuscat

Why would any politician say they would beforehand?

We Never Know

No Slack
Because that is what "democracy" is about. It's called "the peaceful transfer of power," in accord with the will of the people.

Is this a brand-new concept to you? A mystery?

The will of the people eh?

In 2000 the will of the people wanted Gore, We got Bush

Bush -50,456,002
Gore -50,999,897

In 2016 the will of the people wanted Clinton, we got Trump.

Trump -62,984,828
Clinton -65,853,514

The outcomes were the will of the politicians.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Bush -50,456,002
Gore -50,999,897

Trump -62,984,828
Clinton -65,853,514

Obviously not a justification for violence when you don't get the outcome you want.

I know you are not saying that. But it is important to remember, that is what we are talking about. Tim Scott is refusing to commit to accepting the outcome of the election without violence.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Why would any politician say they would beforehand?

Accept the election results??
Of course they should!!

"Mary, of course I'll accept the election results. The will of the people is the bedrock upon which our great country has been built. I have faith those people will see the strength and commitment of the GOP to building a better America."

It's not hard. This is their profession for goodness sake.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Bush -50,456,002
Gore -50,999,897

Trump -62,984,828
Clinton -65,853,514

You realise that's not how the US electoral system works, right?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure. The popular vote of the people doesn't mean a win.

The president and vice president are the only ones not elected directly by citizens.

That was my point.

Whether you agree with the system as it stands or not, there are reasons it's not a straight FPTP vote based on a national count.
Those reasons are NOT anti-democratic.

Pogo

Sure. The popular vote of the people doesn't mean a win.

The president and vice president are the only ones not elected directly by citizens.

That was my point.
The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their electoral votes to whichever presidential ticket wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Wikipedia​

We Never Know

No Slack
The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their electoral votes to whichever presidential ticket wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Wikipedia

Yes I know how it works. My point was and still is the will of the people, the popular vote, when it comes to the Pres and VP doesn't mean a win.