• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi Governor Proclaims Confederate Heritage Month

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Unfortunately it's not true. Leftists have destroyed America.

I did take what you said into consideration. I magree that belief, thoughts and feelings are necessary things to get done but by themselves, beliefs, thoughts and feelings create NOTHING and that's what I said which you ignored. AGAIN no matter how much I believe, think of feel I am a billionaire, i am NOT actually a billionaire
This is not reflected in your responses to me, as noted.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I agree. People saying they should be able to who they love is silly.
What's silly about it?
As for rights it was t necessary to decimate marriage to give gay people rights.
Where and how has marriage been decimated "to give gay people rights?" Be specific.
Beyond that I dont think marriage is a right and the resultant benefits if marriage aren't a right either.
What is marriage then, in your opinion? A privilege? Afforded to whom?

Ignatius A

What's silly about it?

Where and how has marriage been decimated "to give gay people rights?" Be specific.

What is marriage then, in your opinion? A privilege? Afforded to whom?
Love isnt necessary for marriage

It's like everything else leftists do gay "marriage" is pretend marriage".

Yes it is a privilege especially if you want benefits from the state. It no different than driving. You have no right to drive. It's a privilege afforded to one man one woman. Whitney live and what genitalia they are attracted to have never been a determining factor in who got married. You realize when the rooster crows at sunrise the rooster isnt making the sun rise. You get that right?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Same. My dad and this family are from New Orleans. I understand both sides of the argument but the truth is, Southerners are a proud people and to many of them, the Confederate flag and such just represents Southern pride (like with the band Lynyrd Skynyrd). At that point, I don't see the point of arguing. (I don't understand the people who aren't Southern at all displaying it, like people here in Ohio. That's just weird.)
Well, I am in Ohio now but am originally from the south and New Orleans. So maybe some others are too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree. People saying they should be able to who they love is silly. As for rights it was t necessary to decimate marriage to give gay people rights. Beyond that I dont think marriage is a right and the resultant benefits if marriage aren't a right either.
Oh my! You cannot honestly respond to my claims. That is not a good sign for you. How does marriage equality "decimate marriage"? And yes, it was necessary to give them that right because this country is based upon equal rights for all. They are not getting a special right. They are merely getting the same right that you have.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Identify politics have hurt America. Your hatred of trump has hurt America.
Such projection. Pointing out that Trump was an incompetent President and is not good for the country is not "hatred". If one wanted to kill the man that would be hatred. It is not even hatred to want to see justice done to him for the various crimes that he has committed. Justice is not hatred either.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Nothing changes. Beliefs thoughts and feelings don't create anything. I understand people struggle with that concept but it's not problem.
Our thoughts and feelings are what make us who we are.
You seem to be claiming that you can determine that other peoples' thoughts and feelings about who they are are wrong, based on your thoughts and feelings about them.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Sigh. I just wish everyone was fair and fair minded but clearly they aren't. And I don't personally care who sleeps with who and what they call it. I also don't care what color a person's skin is. I don't care how they self identify for that matter. Just don't force me to call whatever by whatever name someone else calls it. I don't personally feel like that's fair.

Ignatius A

Oh my! You cannot honestly respond to my claims. That is not a good sign for you. How does marriage equality "decimate marriage"? And yes, it was necessary to give them that right because this country is based upon equal rights for all. They are not getting a special right. They are merely getting the same right that you have.
You have to show that marriage is a right.

Ignatius A

Such projection. Pointing out that Trump was an incompetent President and is not good for the country is not "hatred". If one wanted to kill the man that would be hatred. It is not even hatred to want to see justice done to him for the various crimes that he has committed. Justice is not hatred either.
Leftists did NOTHING for 4 years of Trump's presidency but try to "get trump". Actually they're still doing it.

Ignatius A

Leftists did NOTHING for 4 years of Trump's presidency but try to "get trump". Actually they're still doing it. Come to think of it you're right it's not hatred it's evil.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Love isnt necessary for marriage
People in the 21st Century in North America, generally marriage each other because they love each other and want to spend their lives together, among other reasons. Do you deny this?
It's like everything else leftists do gay "marriage" is pretend marriage".
How is it "pretend marriage?"

I know married couples who are gay and their marriage is just as real as mine is.
Yes it is a privilege especially if you want benefits from the state. It no different than driving. You have no right to drive. It's a privilege afforded to one man one woman. Whitney live and what genitalia they are attracted to have never been a determining factor in who got married. You realize when the rooster crows at sunrise the rooster isnt making the sun rise. You get that right?
Based on ... your opinion? Not on reality, because it reality, marriage between one man and one woman or two people of the same sex is legal in the North America.