• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mississippi Governor Proclaims Confederate Heritage Month

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe there are many, many different reasons why people fought, saved former slaves, etc. People, including politicians, used whatever worked on other people.
I'll do you a favor, & stop pressuring you on this point.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Hey, I lay low around here, but I'm not an idiot myself. I can be a jerk if I want to be, which I generally don't want to be.

I don't think you're a jerk though. I mean, I think you CAN be but I don't think you're naturally a jerk.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One needn't be alive around the Civil War era to discern it.
(Although I find having Abe Lincoln as a classmate useful.)

You had Abe Lincoln as a classmate? I heard he was pretty tough in his youth. Quite the wrestler, back in the days when wrestling wasn't fake.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
A woman who things and feels like a man is not actually a man
I am claiming no such thing
This was in response to, "Our thoughts and feelings are what make us who we are.
You seem to be claiming that you can determine that other peoples' thoughts and feelings about who they are are wrong, based on your thoughts and feelings about them."

So you say you're not claiming what I've said above, and yet you now are claiming that a woman who things [sic] like a man is not actually a man." (whatever that means).
Which again, is a claim rooted in your supposed ability to read others' minds. The claim you said you weren't making. But just did.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It doesnt matter. Love is not a necessary condition for marriage.
And yet it does matter. Are you under the impression that most people don't marry out of love for the other person?
Based on...your opinion
Based on the facts of reality.

You haven't given a reason that shows that gay marriage is "pretend marriage." You've just claimed it.
Well, the married gay people I know would strongly disagree with your feelings on this
Slavery was legal was too. Telling me something is legal therefore it's ok is foolishness.
We're not talking about slavery. We're talking about marriage.