• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men and Women

Yerda

Veteran Member
I have that too, aphantasia. I don't even have an inner picture of how my wife looks. But that is how I work.
Ha! That is exactly how she expressed it to a friend. She can't see my face if she isn't looking at me. Freaks me out.

Gender is the same. It is a variation in an indiviudal brain.
I do get that.

In terms of the OP, I'm pretty comfortable with a man being a person who says they are a man and use he/him pronouns. I know that a lot of other people are concerned about this and, stupid jokes about helicopters aside, I can understand their confusion.

Kfox

It is not a given that for all disorders that a person has, that person has to become normal to have a good enough life.
I agree! Even though many of the abnormalities do come with health complications, many handicap people live better than able bodied people do;
I have a mental disorder and I am not normal, but I have a good enough life as not normal.
Good for you!
The problem is people like you who think we all have to become normal.
Or perhaps the problem is when people like you judge people like me harshly without knowing my views on the issue
I would like evidence for the fact, that it is a rule.
When someone is born with more or less than 5 fingers, the medical community calls it a disorder or anomality. That's good enough for me!

Yerda

Veteran Member
Well....... the Y is Male, and X is female.

Not quite; male applies to all male mammals; dogs, cats, apes, etc. but Man only applies to human male mammals.
I take it this means that there can't be transgender people, in your understanding?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I agree! Because if you don't conflate the two, the words "man" and "woman" becomes meaningless.
That you can see no other meaning to the words is a you problem.

Looks to me that there are loads of people who do not conflate them and they all still have meaning.

Yerda

Veteran Member
It is my understanding transgenderism is based on your thoughts, not your reality.
I see. I don't understand it enough myself to be trying to change your mind but I have heard trans people talk about being trans and it suggests to me that there's more to it than male/female.

How do you percieve people who feel like they are a gender other than the one you would associate with their biological sex? Are they delusional? Or are they just different?

Kfox

I see. I don't understand it enough myself to be trying to change your mind but I have heard trans people talk about being trans and it suggests to me that there's more to it than male/female.
Is it more to it than their thoughts and feelings?
How do you percieve people who feel like they are a gender other than the one you would associate with their biological sex? Are they delusional? Or are they just different?
I think they are misguided.

Kfox

A "woman" is one who adheres to the stereotypes assigned to women.
A "man" is one who adheres to the stereotypes assigned to men.

Of course, I make no claims that these definitions are the definitions others go with.
So each person may have a different definition of what it means to be a woman? So according to you, if I have a stereotype that says women should not work outside the house once she has children, am I justified in proclaiming any biological female with kids working outside the house is no longer a woman?

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So if a person is born with 7 fingers, or born blind, or with something generally called a deformity, is it your view that nothing went wrong during the birth process?

Something went 'wrong' according to the averages. But it's still normal being within the realm of human variation.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So each person may have a different definition of what it means to be a woman?
Seeing as there are so many different stereotypes of woman around the United States and most certainly even more around the world, i suspect that the answer is yes.
So according to you, if I have a stereotype that says women should not work outside the house once she has children, am I justified in proclaiming any biological female with kids working outside the house is no longer a woman?
WTF are you talking about?