• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zoroastrianism and Jesus

jaybird

many believe the wise men that visited Jesus at His birth were Zoroastrian priest. are there any Zoroastrian writings on this?

MD

qualiaphile
many believe the wise men that visited Jesus at His birth were Zoroastrian priest. are there any Zoroastrian writings on this?

There are a lot of similarities between Zoroastrianism and Christianity, but I am not aware of any writings in our faith on his birth. I think if it actually happened, it was probably due to the fact that the Persian Empire was bordering the area and the intellectuals of the region were Magis. Many Magis were astronomers as well as astrologers and found interest in the star probably.

If it didn't happen, including the Magis would further solidify Jesus' claims of prophethood. The Magis were priests, but also scientists and astronomers.

A lot of what was written in the Avesta was destroyed by Alexander and the Arab invasions. Concepts which survived, such as the resurrection, the savior, judgement day etc are from the Avesta. For all we know the descriptions of a birth such as Jesus' might have been mentioned in the Avesta as well, but destroyed by the Arab invasions and lost to history forever.

jaybird

There are a lot of similarities between Zoroastrianism and Christianity, but I am not aware of any writings in our faith on his birth. I think if it actually happened, it was probably due to the fact that the Persian Empire was bordering the area and the intellectuals of the region were Magis. Many Magis were astronomers as well as astrologers and found interest in the star probably.

If it didn't happen, including the Magis would further solidify Jesus' claims of prophethood. The Magis were priests, but also scientists and astronomers.

A lot of what was written in the Avesta was destroyed by Alexander and the Arab invasions. Concepts which survived, such as the resurrection, the savior, judgement day etc are from the Avesta. For all we know the descriptions of a birth such as Jesus' might have been mentioned in the Avesta as well, but destroyed by the Arab invasions and lost to history forever.

i literally get sick to my stomach when i read history and the number of times corrupt leaders have destroyed such valuable spiritual knowledge. and its always the same story, they had to burn the knowledge because it was dark and evil, if it was so evil you would think they would have kept it so they could hold it up and with sweet delight tell the world "here it is we told you so" but thats never the case.

the gospel of Matthew makes it clear to me that the magi / wise men were not Jewish but from the east, from a great distance and a non Jewish belief system. i think its showing a connection between the 2 faiths.

MD

qualiaphile
i literally get sick to my stomach when i read history and the number of times corrupt leaders have destroyed such valuable spiritual knowledge. and its always the same story, they had to burn the knowledge because it was dark and evil, if it was so evil you would think they would have kept it so they could hold it up and with sweet delight tell the world "here it is we told you so" but thats never the case.

the gospel of Matthew makes it clear to me that the magi / wise men were not Jewish but from the east, from a great distance and a non Jewish belief system. i think its showing a connection between the 2 faiths.

There is definitely a historical and cultural link between the two faiths, this is something most academics agree upon. The spiritual connections are more up to the individual.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
MD talks about cultural relations. I would like to know about that.
I do not think anything can be destroyed so competely so as not to leave a trace.

Last edited: