• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zen Center of Pittsburgh

Master Vigil

I was recently able to attend a zazen session at the Zen Center of Pittsburgh. All I have to say was, amazing. Doing it alone is nothing compared with doing it in a real zendo, with a real teacher. If I didn't like an hour and a half away, I would be there everyday. The philosophy was completely taoist, much like I had previously thought. But the formal actions of bowing, turning, placing of the hands, etc... reminded me of martial arts. All I can say is, wow, amazing.

Master Vigil

It was funny, she asked everybody what the table was, "Thinking that nobody knew what her plan was with the question." And I laughed. She was just like, "Thats not fair, you've studied Taoism so you know what I'm gonna say!" HAHAHAHA!!!!!! She was really really great.