• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese Pop Singer

FFH

Veteran Member
Yuki Saito is LDS (Mormon).

Yuki Saito - Wiki

Yuki Saito's among the Top 100 most influential Latter-day Saints

Here's Yuki Saito in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the mid 80's, someone just posted this.

Yuki Saito in front of the Salt Lake City, Utah, Capitol

斉藤由貴 - 夢の中へ(SALT LAKE CITY) Yuki Saito ~ Yume no Naka e (Inside a Dream)

SammyJonetsu has found a lot of Yuki Saito's stuff, but he just found and posted one more video, which was recorded in the mid to late 80's.

Axia was a cassette tape company in Japan, as big as TDK.

斉藤由貴 - 冒険小僧 (Yuki Saito ~ Adventure Boy)

Here's what she looks like today at age 42.
photo05.jpg

She's married with three kids, shown in this video.

斉藤由貴「は」20060524-01 (Yuki Saito interview 2006)

Yuki Saito in the mid 80's

斉藤由貴 - 砂の城 (Sand Castles)

Her father was the Stake President of the Yokohama LDS Stake (church area) I was in, as an LDS missionary, while I lived in Japan from 85-87.

Yuki Saito around 85' (About 18 years old)
normal_1177809434.jpg

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
I've put together a "Best of Yuki Saito" link, which will play automatically, if you click on the link below.

These are all really great easy listening songs, someone else posted these songs, I've just gathered them together, and placed them in a YouTube playlist, so they'll play automatically.

Best of Yuki Saito Link

This first song, she wrote herself, it's just about her eating breakfast, really, haha, not what you would expect, lookng at that video.

These are all REALLY sweet and VERY innocent songs, many she wrote herself.

There's just a REALLY nice spirit behind them, even if you don't understand a word she's saying, you can still feel the great spirit behind these songs, which she tried to portray. Her spirit has SURELY touched mine, in such a positive way.

I Skype a girl living in Tokyo, who's interested in the church, so stuff like this is INVALUABLE, when trying to show that Mormons (LDS MEMBERS IN JAPAN) are NORMAL people. even well know and WELL RESPECTED people.

Most in Japan know who Yuki Saito is. As LDS missionaries we used her name to BREAK THE ICE, when COLD CONTACTING people on the streets. It was INVALUABLE, when trying to make friends.

I like this song a lot.

斉藤由貴「今だけの真実」 (Yuki Saito ~ Ima Dake no Shinjitsu)

This one's cool.

眠り姫 (Extended Mellow Mix) / 斉藤由貴 (Yuki Saito ~ Sleeping Princess)

My favorite song

斉藤由貴 迷宮 (Yuki Saito ~ Mystery)

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
From 1991

Yuki Saito ~ (I'm) Yours

Singin' in English

斉藤由貴 - If (song by Bread)

Yuki Saito's influence has reached into the next generation.

This is a singer named Manami Kurose, who sang one of Yuki Saito's songs "Graduation" in 2009

黒瀬真奈美「卒業」(斉藤由貴のカバー) Manami Kurose [Graduation] (Yuki Saito cover)

Original version of "Graduation" by Yuki Saito in 1985

斉藤由貴 / 卒業 (1985) (Yuki Saito ~ Graduation)

Short version of "Graduation" by Yuki Saito

斉藤由貴 卒業 (Yuki Saito ~ Graduation)

Biographies: Latter-day Saint and/or Utah Film Personalities: Yuki Saito

Yuki Saito
Latter-day Saint. Born 10 September 1966, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan. Also credited as: Saitou Yuki; Yuki Saitoh. Japanese action star, pop singer, author and serious actress. Yuki Saito is one of Japan's most popular actresses, and one of the nation's best known Latter-day Saints. Profile Page

Top 10 Non-American Latter-day Saint Film Legends

Yuki Saito (斉藤 由貴, Saitō Yuki) is a singer songwriter, actorborn in Minami-ku, Japan. Her married name is Yuki Isarai (小井 由貴, Isarai Yuki), though she continues to work under her maiden name. Saitō is well-known in Japan for being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints . She drew some attention to that fact when she first began her career because she refused to work on Sunday .

Famous Mormon Musicians and Singers (This quote was originally take from this link: Yuki Saito ~ Wiki)

Yuki Saito 2003 Interview (Extended Family Photo)

斉藤由貴「情報」200306

1989 (23 years old)

斉藤由貴 迷宮 (Yuki Saito ~ Mystery)

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Yuki Saito then and now.

Yuki Saito is my age, so she would be 43 years old today.

This interview with Yuki Saito looks very recent, probably 2007, so she would be 41 years old in this interview.

In this interview she talks about her three children and husband (last name Isirai).

斉藤由貴 スケバンママ Part 1

斉藤由貴 スケバンママ Part 2

In this Interview below, Yuki Saito says she's 21 years old, which would have been in 1987, since she was born in 1966, same year as myself.

1987 was also the last year I was in Japan, as an LDS missionary. I was also living in Yokohama, in 1987, where she lived with her family at the time, and so I was also in her same Yokohama Stake, as an LDS missionary (I was also 21 in 1987, same age as Yuki Saito, in this interview below).

Her father was the Yokohama, Japan Stake President, at that time, as well.

I have lots of good memories of Japan. Sights and sounds of Japan flood my mind often.

斉藤由貴 さんまのまんま 1/3

斉藤由貴 さんまのまんま 2/3

In this part of the interview she expains that she doesn't drink alcohol, coffee, tea or smoke because she's Mormon.

斉藤由貴 さんまのまんま 3/3

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
This has nothing to do with discussing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I suggest you find an appropriate forums for this thread. Further, this is duplicative of many other threads you've already created. I don't believe we're supposed to post the same things over and over.

FFH

Veteran Member
Mods, please do not delete this thread (I've spent way too much time on this thread and it would be VERY hard to gather this info together again), but if you want to delete one of these threads, delete this one Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese pop singer (I would like this thread deleted thanks).

It was because of so many opposing remarks in this OTHER thread (Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese pop singer), that I decided to start THIS thread.

If you want to delete one of these threads, PLEASE MODS DELETE THIS ONE Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese pop singer.

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Mods, please do not delete this thread (I've spent way too much time on this thread and it would be VERY hard to gather this info together again), but if you want to delete one of these threads, delete this one Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese pop singer (I would like this thread deleted thanks).

It was because of so many opposing remarks in this OTHER thread (Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese pop singer), that I decided to start THIS thread.

If you want to delete one of these threads, PLEASE DELETE THIS ONE Yuki Saito ~ LDS Japanese pop singer.

Threads don't get deleted when they are posted in appropriate forums. Can you look for a more appropriate place and suggest to the mods to move it there?

FFH

Veteran Member
Your personal decision dictates the outcome.
You of all people, watchemen, married to a Japanese woman, served a mission in Japan.

Embrace the culture, don't shun it. It's the most wonderful culture in the world.

Yuki is part of their pop culture, their past, their history, she's not going away.

Open your heart up and let a little love in, it will do you some good.

Yuki Saito ~ Japanese Les Miserables (Play) Commercial, of which she was a part of. (Shiseido is a brand of shampoo in Japan)

Yuki Saito ~ Japanese Les Miserables Commercial

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
You of all people, watchemen, married to a Japanese woman, served a mission in Japan.

Embrace the culture, don't shun it. It's the most wonderful culture in the world.

Yuki is part of their pop culture, their past, their history, she's not going away.

Open your heart up and let a little love in, it will do you some good.

Irrelevant.

FFH

Veteran Member
I'm trying to show that the LDS religion is not confined to a box of Utahn's, who've never been outside the U.S.

Trying to show the LDS religion is FAR reaching, into the most unlikely of cultures and peoples.

God has no bounderies, he's infiltrated EVERY culture.

There are many Japanese who enjoy being Mormon (LDS). They actually want to be Mormon, it brings them happiness, in an otherwise darkened world.

Japanese LDS members

As Sisters in Zion / We'll Bring the World His Truth
2007年 YSAカンファレンスで発表した「シオンの娘/ニーファイのように」のリハーサル
(YSA 2007 conference "Daughter of Zion /Become as Nephi" rehearsal)

Japanese LDS members

Abide With Me; Tis Eventide 主よ、われと共に (LDS hymn)
(LDS YSA Conference 2007 Choir Rehearsal)

YouTube - junichikw's Channel

YouTube - mormon400's Channel

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
This is the theme song from the movie "ORACION" (Spanish word for prayer) in which Yuki Saito starred in and sang the theme song for.

Theme song and clips from the movie "ORACION"

斉藤由貴 - 来生たかお - ORACION ~祈り~
Yuki Saito ~ ORACION (Spanish word for PRAYER)

In this song, Yuki Saito sings this sentence, half in Japanese and half in English.
"Shiranai no (Don't you know) It's my destiny".
Truly it was her destiny to do all that she has done and she's still positively influening many many others still to this day.

斉藤由貴 - 予感
Yuki Saito ~ Premonition

A bright light in a dark cynical world...

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
I happy to see this thread has made its way to the appropriate forum.

What has Yuki Saito done recently?

FFH

Veteran Member
What has Yuki Saito done recently?
She's in a movie called, ベイビィ ベイビィ ベイビィ (Baby Baby Baby), which was released on May 23, 2009.

BABY BABY BABY! -ベイビィ ベイビィ ベイビィ- - Wikipedia
[ Translate this page ]

You can see, on that Wiki link above, that Yuki Saito's name is on the list of cast members, for that movie.

See this link: "Baby Baby Baby" Cast Members

These are the seven major actors in the movie, of which Yuki Saito is one of them.

Yuki Saito (left) with Kazue Ito (right) from the movie "Baby Baby Baby" (April 20, 2009) The movie was released on May 23, 2009.
2009041620130000.jpg

Kazue Ito diary link: 映画「BABY BABY BABY」番組収録
photo_10.jpg

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Ito Kazue was also born in 1966, in Yokohama, Japan, same year and same place as Yuki Saito.

They were both popular singers/actors in the mid 80's and 90's.

Yuki Saito - Wiki (Born 1966, Yokohama, Japan)

Kazue Ito - Wiki (Born 1966, Yokohama, Japan)

Kazue Ito (today)
65294_200904160627750001239885106b.jpg

Kazue Ito (mid 80's and 90's singer/actor)
e2065.jpg

Kazue Ito
0.jpg

Yuki Saito (today)
65266_200904160285320001239877441b.jpg

Yuki Saito (mid 80's and 90's singer/actor)
image42531.jpg

Last edited: