• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YouTube Blocks All Anti-Vaccine Content

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Comments like these are funny to me...

By a strange coincidence, comments like yours are funny to me, or they would be if this wasn't such a serious subject.
...if you’re vaccinated you shouldn’t have to worry about anything because you’re protected, right?
The unvaccinated aren’t a threat to everyone unless you’re saying the vaccines are terrible and don’t work.

Somebody else who doesn't understand relative risks. :rolleyes:

No vaccine is 100% effective but there is a massive space between being totally 'protected' and the vaccine being "terrible" and not working. Not only that but there will always be some people who are medically unable to have the vaccine.

The unvaccinated are a threat because they are more likely to get covid, spread it to other people, and also more likely to get seriously ill and overcrowd hospitals when their irresponsibility results in serious illness.

By a strange coincidence, comments like yours are funny to me, or they would be if this wasn't such a serious subject.

No vaccine is 100% effective but there is a massive space between being totally 'protected' and the vaccine being "terrible" and not working. Not only that but there will always be some people who are medically unable to have the vaccine.

The unvaccinated are a threat because they are more likely to get covid, spread it to other people, and also more likely to get seriously ill and overcrowd hospitals when their irresponsibility results in serious illness.
My comments are talking about unvaccinated people who are immune and are not cesspools or a threat, do you happen to know the percentage of people who have recovered and have natural immunity to Covid? Do you know the percentage of people who are vaccinated? If you combine these percentages you will get a picture of the actual threat or lack there of.

Do you consider other views? I’m looking at a number of different views and come to the same conclusion that the government entities are pushing one view only and dismissing the others. The medical field is looking at all perspectives and the only perspectives getting attention are the vaccine only view. That’s why I don’t believe the government entities are really concerned about our safety and health but control or money motives instead.
The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

More studies and reasons I don’t believe vaccines should be mandated. More people are protected and immune coupled with vaccines, so I’m thinking most people are covered and only a small percentage of people are at risk now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, right, it's all a worldwide conspiracy.... :rolleyes:
No its not a conspiracy. Doctors can lose their credentials if they don't mouthpiece their employer. That's why independent doctors and surgeons are important as they do not have that fear and can express their own professional opinions rather than a politically revelant view that reflects only their superiors.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The whole point is about relative risk. There is no course of action that can eliminate all risk but the vaccine reduces the risk considerably, to you, those you interact with, and those who might need a hospital bed that you might be taking up if you become seriously ill, that's why the rational and socially responsible thing to do is to get the vaccine.

That depends on if you spread the virus and the other person's overall health is poor. Whether the person is ill or not doesn't depend on who infected him but his health that makes his symptoms light as most people or severe. If someone is relatively healthy and you spread the virus they won't get as bad symptoms. However, mild or serious if one has COVID they can spread it.

You may be putting people less endanger than unvaccinated people but it doesn't matter if the other person's health reacts to the virus that "could" get him or her seriously ill. Since most people are vaccinated even if unvaccinated magically attract COVID by sole reason of vaccination the vaccinated will have little symptoms. You guys aren't worried about those mild symptoms-many people on RF have had COVID-so there's relatively nothing to worry about. I'm sure not all provaxxers are like this but I get the sense on RF those who don't vaccinate and end up in the hospital should either be kicked out or laughed at if they died. In that respect, if vaccinated people are keeping each other safe and rare breakthroughs, unvaccinated people would just be killing each other off (depending on whether they heighten their risk of catching the virus like not social distancing and not taking care of oneself).

I still maintain you guys are more upset with people's choices and not being vaccinated in and of itself. Politics over health. There is no black and white in health but there seems to be in politics.

Twilight Hue

My comments are talking about unvaccinated people who are immune and are not cesspools or a threat, do you happen to know the percentage of people who have recovered and have natural immunity to Covid? Do you know the percentage of people who are vaccinated? If you combine these percentages you will get a picture of the actual threat or lack there of.
Those people with natural antibodies ought to be regarded as fully vaccinated.

It's crazy and stupid to say they're not vaccinated if they already have natural immunity.

ratiocinator

Do you consider other views? I’m looking at a number of different views and come to the same conclusion that the government entities are pushing one view only and dismissing the others. The medical field is looking at all perspectives and the only perspectives getting attention are the vaccine only view. That’s why I don’t believe the government entities are really concerned about our safety and health but control or money motives instead.

More studies and reasons I don’t believe vaccines should be mandated. More people are protected and immune coupled with vaccines, so I’m thinking most people are covered and only a small percentage of people are at risk now.

*sigh* Just as an example...

"People who are not vaccinated against Covid-19 were 11 times more likely to die of the disease and 10 times more likely to be hospitalized with the disease, a study published on Friday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows.
Citing the study, Walensky said those who were unvaccinated were about four and a half times more likely to get Covid-19."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
  • protect against COVID-19 variants

Delta is more contagious. I highly doubt the vaccine helps "just as much" as it does with the original COVID virus. No one shoe fits all.

Here's some information so looked up:
Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like prior variants, the amount of viral genetic material may go down faster in fully vaccinated people when compared to unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people will likely spread the virus for less time than unvaccinated people. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
-

Vaccinated people can still spread the virus but looks like for a lesser time than unvaccinated people. At least they are expecting breakthroughs though maybe in the future since vaccine efficiency wears off in time there'd be more breakthroughs (How Long Will Your Coronavirus Vaccination Last?). I don't know.

New York City lifted all its restrictions because governor Cuomo said they reached more than the 70% mark (Governor Cuomo Announces COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted as 70% of Adult New Yorkers Have Received First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine).

Edit
In one study reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), data from the state of New York showed vaccine effectiveness dropping from 91.7 to 79.8% against infection. New COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations Among...

Maybe time will tell if cases go down based on herd immunity or is it temporary or premature to lift of restrictions-track the progress to see if that's possible.

Last edited:
*sigh* Just as an example...

"People who are not vaccinated against Covid-19 were 11 times more likely to die of the disease and 10 times more likely to be hospitalized with the disease, a study published on Friday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows.
Citing the study, Walensky said those who were unvaccinated were about four and a half times more likely to get Covid-19."

Not even what I’m talking about. CNN news source wouldn’t be a view I’d be siting but if you insist on this line of thinking a headline could hypothetically read:
99% of people who have gotten Covid and recovered are less likely to get sick or hospitalized compared to unvaccinated people who haven’t contracted Covid yet.
Or
100% percent of the unvaccinated people in this county have been hospitalized for Covid, how many? 2

Last edited:

ratiocinator

That depends on if you spread the virus and the other person's overall health is poor. Whether the person is ill or not doesn't depend on who infected him but his health that makes his symptoms light as most people or severe. If someone is relatively healthy and you spread the virus they won't get as bad symptoms.

This is firstly beside the point, and secondly, simply false. It is less likely that a healthy person will get severe symptoms but perfectly healthy young people have got very ill and died from COVID.

None of what you said makes the slightest difference to the fact that unvaccinated people are putting themselves and other people at more risk than vaccinated people. And putting themselves at risk of serious illness and hence hospitalisation, does not only affect them because they then take up beds that might be needed for other (more rational and public spirited) people. The statistics are there for everybody to see.

Twilight Hue

Not sure what you're saying here.

Regardless of whether or not any that's true it's still irrelevant to the conversation that you were having with @ratiocinator

You were discussion misinformation related to the vaccine itself.

You.were implying that the doctors that weren't in the pocket of the evil empire had different ideas about the vaccine itself from all of the supposed governmental/corporate medical lackeys, not about any resultant legislation.

So does moving the goal posts.
The point was to show opinions can be skewed over the vaccine by introducing various measures that makes one question it's effectiveness, even if the vaccine actually is effective, people won't believe it if additional requirements are still in place that suggests doubt.

Goalposts are not moved as I see it because clearly those statements actually were made.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
They recommend people with natural immunity to get vaccinated:

But it’s important to know that immunity induced by the mRNA vaccines is stronger and more reliable than natural immunity, says Iwasaki. That’s because levels of natural immunity tend to differ from person to person. “Vaccines normalize the response to a very high level, where it uniformly uplifts everybody,” she says. “If you are starting with the high level, even if you start to decline from that level, it will take much longer before you need a booster.”

This is a reason why the CDC recommends vaccinations for people who have had a COVID-19 infection as well as for those who have not. New COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations Among...

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not really. In light the vaccine itself remains a contention as to why people don't want it in the first place.

If it dosent get rid of the mask requirement, what's the point of taking it if it actually does nothing to remove those requirements?

It's a valid point made by some who are concerned about effectiveness and creates mixed signals.

Especially after announcements like this...

It creates distrust.
What's the point of taking it?
Well, the point of taking it would be that if you get it and contract COVID, you're far less likely to be hospitalized and/or die from COVID than an non-vaccinated person.
That sounds pretty significant, don't you think?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

F1fan

Veteran Member
Vaccinated people would be contagious if they have COVID. They could be asymptomatic. They feel rarity relieves them of this.
They get Covid worse and spread it more. THIS is why THEY are the cesspool.

Both vac and unvac are cesspools.
Nope, you're trying to justify you being unvaccinated and making a bad decision to listed to disinformation and avoid expert advice.

However unless they don't socal distance, they're risk of catching COVID is low. Also vac relieved the severity of the disease not prevent the infection.
I trust those who vaccinate to do the right thing more than those who don't. They show poor judgment.

Once vac is infected depending on the other person's overall health they could kill people.

Unvax and unvax aren't at the same level of risk in itself but that doesn't mean they're not asymptomatic.
Your claims are getting more absurd, as if you are finally feeling shame about your decision to not get vaccinated. Are you going out in public as an unvaccinated person?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

It's called prevention. There's nothing sinister about trying to prevent massive amounts of the population from contracting COVID.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You can still be infected and spend the virus.
It's like a school shooter having a .22 pistol with only 5 bullets versus a shooter with an AR15 with 10 clips. Being vaccinated poses LESS threat than the unvaccinated, like yourself. You unvaccinated are a BIG threat to public health. You accept this, but you don't accept that the vaccinated pose a SMALLER threat.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No its not a conspiracy. Doctors can lose their credentials if they don't mouthpiece their employer. That's why independent doctors and surgeons are important as they do not have that fear and can express their own professional opinions rather than a politically revelant view that reflects only their superiors.
This sounds just like those people who claim that creationists are being muzzled and shunned from science journals because evolutionists don't want to be questioned.
In other words, it sounds conspiratorial.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
They get Covid worse and spread it more. THIS is why THEY are the cesspool.

Both. We both can spread the virus. Vaccines aren't 100% effective.

Is CDC wrong?

Nope, you're trying to justify you being unvaccinated and making a bad decision to listed to disinformation and avoid expert advice.

CDC isn't bad information
I make no excuse I will not vax
You're welcomed to disagree with my decision.