• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your views on Alcohol: ALL Christians, trinitarian, unitarian or anyone claiming to b

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Yes you are! :p

Why do you feel the need to drink to have fun? Is it confidence, self esteem? If you dont mind me asking!

There are certain social settings where I enjoy a good drink and wouldn't have the best time if I wasn't drinking. I enjoy getting drunk from time to time.

Mind you these occasions are far and few between.

If I'm with friends at a bar...I enjoy a drink and cigarette. If I'm out dancing...I enjoy and drink and a cigarette and yes...I would be dissapointed without a drink and a cigarette.

If this makes me a "sad" person, so be it but I simply find it enjoyable. And AGAIN for reiteration...these occasions are far and few between.

And no, it really has nothing to do with self esteem or confidence. It's simply...fun and enjoyable.

Dream Angel

There are certain social settings where I enjoy a good drink and wouldn't have the best time if I wasn't drinking. I enjoy getting drunk from time to time.

Mind you these occasions are far and few between.

If I'm with friends at a bar...I enjoy a drink and cigarette. If I'm out dancing...I enjoy and drink and a cigarette and yes...I would be dissapointed without a drink and a cigarette.

If this makes me a "sad" person, so be it but I simply find it enjoyable. And AGAIN for reiteration...these occasions are far and few between.

And no, it really has nothing to do with self esteem or confidence. It's simply...fun and enjoyable.

So if I was to say to you - the next time you go out with your mates to a club/bar etc - dont drink - you wouldnt enjoy yourself?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Depends on where we're going. It's possible that I wouldn't have as good of time if I wasn't drinking. I ENJOY the effects of alcohol on occasion. Is that hard to believe?

Again, the times that I get to go out and enjoy myself with my friends in a BAR or CLUB setting are far and few between. And usually when I go with my friends in such settings, my INTENT is to get drunk and enjoy their company while in the process.

There are times when I get together with my sisters and their significant others and we intentionally drink to get silly and watch stupid movies.

Sometimes, I do NEED that... Sometimes, it's therapeutic to just let go...

I'm a Capricorn in every sense of the word. I work very hard. I live a very clean life.

On occasion, it's enjoyable to go out and dance and get a little intoxicated...on occasion it feels good to me...it feels healthy to me to get drunk.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I don't think you should have to feel guilty, Dawny. I was just pointing out that there are no specific "health benefits" to wine that can be attributed to the alcohol it contains.

I Timothy 5:23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses. -NIV

Paul seems to disagree with you. :D

Scuba Pete

I don't believe Christians should drink alcohol at all, and my congregation holds the same belief. It is scripturally based.
Could you supply that scripture for us please? Having read the New Testament many times, I have yet to find a scriptural basis for this. Please share.

Scuba Pete

Still, being a Christian is also about standing out and conforming to what unbelievers would probably consider Christian behavior (Paul speaks about this).
The best way to "stand out" is with random acts of kindness and unconditional love. I can't tell you how many non Christians comment how I am not like all of the stuffed shirts they have known because I am not afraid of alcohol. I don't ever get drunk either.