• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Why did you choose the name you did for this forum?

I can't answer this, I'm afraid. I have no idea why I chose 'Maize' it's the first time I've ever used it, but I like it, it's cool. 8)

Caiman

My username stems from my character name on a 'Vampire: The Masquerade' RPG I write in. I can't think of the origins of tha ne, so I have no idea why I created it, but I chose it here because I usually either go with 'Jon' or 'Caiman' and it was just a random thing, lol. It is also the first part of my MSN messenger address...

Alaric

Alaric, King of the Visigoths, sacker of Rome! A nice easy name representing someone who's lost respect for the decaying corrupted established worldviews and will assault them head-on! (Or just debate them politely :wink:)

Runt

My name is that of one of my characters on the Nodeka "RPG"... he is a giant, so I thought the name Runt was appropriate... and the name just kinda stuck after that :p

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Engyo is my Dharma name. In many buddhist traditions, one takes a Dharma name to signify that one's life is changing or has changed; IOW to signify a new beginning.

En signifies round, or complete. Gyo signifies practice. The avatar I use is the Kanji characters for my name.

Lightkeeper

I have always had a passion for lighthouses and still would like to be a lighthouse keeper. In most places lighthouse keepers aren't used anymore.

Pliskit

Pliskit is my screen name all over the net, I use various forums and it is the same on all of them. I also use this nick (or variations of) on IM programs.

I came up with it a few years ago when trying to recall the name of the cartoon cat, Pilchard, from Bob the Builder.

Hairetikos

'Hairetikos' is the greek root for the english word 'heretic.'

It's original meaning was "one who is able to choose."

Entil'Zha

Entil'Zha is the head of the Anlashock on the sci-fi show Babylon 5.

Translated into english from minbari (the race it came from in the show) it means "Unknown meaning refering to the One, the Builder of the Future." he name kind of stuck on me. Because I'm always dreaming about the future, and trying to influence things getting better.

justplainkaren

I came up with mine on another forum, where people who wished to show their displeasure with me would call me "Mrs. Bacquet" -- which is rather a way of telling me they don't like me while at the same time using impeccably good manners. The message was "I'm not going to get friendly and call you by your first name -- and don't you dare use mine!"

Or they would use my username, which at the time was just my last name. So, I came up with "justplainkaren".

Love, Karen

Isis

well, Isis is my handel on other sites I frequent so I thought I'd carry the tradition on to this site.

Isis is an Egyptian goddess usually portrayed as the female bird of resurection, the phoenix. She is the feminine archetype for creation - the goddess of fertility and motherhood as well as the mistress of words and the Goddess of Nature.
"Isis" meaning throne, was origionally considered the symbolic mother of all kings and therefore the embodiment of the throne.
Mother to Horos, she is considered the protector and watcher of Human kind, saving them from predators and other dangers (sometimes themselves).
Isis is usually portrayed, winged, with her sister Nephthys, protecting her husband (and brother) Osiris's amulet...
Isis was a magician. She learned her magic from Thoth, although according to some legends she obtained her powers from Ra himself by tricking him into revealing his name to her, thus acquiring his full magical knowledge.

Runt

Isis said:
well, Isis is my handel on other sites I frequent so I thought I'd carry the tradition on to this site.

Heh, I used to go by the name Aset, the Egyptian name of the Goddess Isis (which, if I remember correctly, was how the Greeks referred the the Egyptian goddess). I can't remember why I STOPPED using it... but you just reminded me that I once did! :p

Well, As Muslim, I found my faith to be under constant attack from biased western media and some christian missionaries who want to score some cheap points on the expense of Islam, I have been to so many forums and the amount of anti muslim hate there is just sickning, so I decided to be the Shield of Islam, to shield my faith from all kind of lies, bigotry and hatred.

I am very well qualified to answer all kind of questions about Islam, so this nickname suits me so much.

:idea:

Runt

Which reminds me... Shield, I just posted a big thing on the Religious Tolerance forum... there are SOME references to Islam... can you check em and see if they are accurate for me? It is titled "Religious War?"

My name comes from one of the most humble prayers fo the bible, the Magnificat or "Song of Mary". In the Gospel of Luke when she meets her cousin Elizabeth, after Mary greets Elizabeth, Elizabeth exclaims "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy."

And Mary said, "My soul doth maginfy the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generation shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and HOLY IS HIS NAME. and his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; as he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to hs seed for ever.

Sorry. It is just so beautiful that I had to recite all of it. She showed great humility as we should. When Elizabeth called Mary blessed, She basically said, "No, it is God who is blessed and he has blessed me"