• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your take?

I am just curious to know what your take is towards the war in Iraq. Do you think it is making any difference?

What is your take on the way the Taliban and Al-quaeda opperates? Are they really followers of the Quaran? Or are they being mislead?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am just curious to know what your take is towards the war in Iraq. Do you think it is making any difference?

What is your take on the way the Taliban and Al-quaeda opperates? Are they really followers of the Quaran? Or are they being mislead?

I'll answer your second question first, I haven't any proof about what Taliban and Al-quaeda does, it is all from the media, but i'll bring it down to this, If they killed one civilian then they are not followers of the quran and indeed are mislead.

Yes they certainly are making a difference, but the question is wether that difference for the better or for the worse. I personally think it is for the worse. They are also giving excuses for the US to be in Iraq and to portray it self as a warrior against terrorism. The war in Iraq is a shameful and unfortunate event, a lot of loses are happening due to that war, and in reality the reason behind the war isn't really noble, but again this is just my opinion.

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
Badran, I agree with you.

We (UK and US) went to war over lies perpetrated by the Bush administration. It's shameful that we are there and that so many lives have been lost all over oil.

Man's greed is truly a terrible thing.

We (UK and US) went to war over lies perpetrated by the Bush administration. It's shameful that we are there and that so many lives have been lost all over oil.

It's not just greed that should be mentioned. It's also coming down to pride, the thing that started all this trouble and these politicians fuel it with hypocracy.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Yes, lives of human beings on both sides are lost just for political and economic interests. Not to mention that children are being killed too.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's not just greed that should be mentioned. It's also coming down to pride, the thing that started all this trouble and these politicians fuel it with hypocracy.

That's an important point too. There comes a point when you should cut down your loses, but when misplaced pride gets evolved, things just gets worse and worse.

fatima_bintu_islam

I just wanted to get your attention to one thing: when a suicide bombing happens , Taliban declares its responsibility for 10% only, and then you see markets being blowed up, civilians walking with blood on their head and evryone attach the 90% to Taliban. How can people make sure of this? How for the sake of God a blowed up car tells you who did it??
Media is a very delicate thing to deal with, one must be very careful.

Iraq is a country of great trials, the prophet peace be upon him said so before anything ever happened in it.

Allow me now to ask you about your own answer on the question if you please.

fatima_bintu_islam

Wow, and if Jesus peace be upon him is not coming now but after say 500 years; are we going to stay like this until then?? Thats sound like a bit of laziness to me, dont you think?

301ouncer

Wow, and if Jesus peace be upon him is not coming now but after say 500 years; are we going to stay like this until then?? Thats sound like a bit of laziness to me, dont you think?

sorry sister is this nasiha/advice directed to me or to the thread in general?

if it is directed to me then yes indeed we should not just wait around till then. AlhamduAllah many true brothers are in the path of dawah and some are in the serious dawah section of emplyment :D.

:sorry1: For myself for doing jack all.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just wanted to get your attention to one thing: when a suicide bombing happens , Taliban declares its responsibility for 10% only, and then you see markets being blowed up, civilians walking with blood on their head and evryone attach the 90% to Taliban. How can people make sure of this? How for the sake of God a blowed up car tells you who did it??
Media is a very delicate thing to deal with, one must be very careful.

If you mean that there is a possibility that they are being framed for actions they did not perform, then sure yes that's a possibility. Sure not every thing blamed on them is truly their responsibility. However, if they did any of these things, suicide bombings that kills civilians then they are obviously not following any of the teachings of Islam.

If you mean that there is a possibility that they are being framed for actions they did not perform, then sure yes that's a possibility. Sure not every thing blamed on them is truly their responsibility. However, if they did any of these things, suicide bombings that kills civilians then they are obviously not following any of the teachings of Islam.

I am just getting tired of hearing people killing themselves and/or others in the name of religion while being led by some False Prophet.:(:sad4:

fatima_bintu_islam

sorry sister is this nasiha/advice directed to me or to the thread in general?

if it is directed to me then yes indeed we should not just wait around till then. AlhamduAllah many true brothers are in the path of dawah and some are in the serious dawah section of emplyment :D.

:sorry1: For myself for doing jack all.

Lol sorry, I thought you were some sort of christian telling us that Jesus will come and destroy evryone who does not believe he is the son of God and then wars will end or someth like that. Sorry again.

However the part about laziness is still valid in this case *smile* barakallahu feek

and some are in the serious dawah section of emplyment :D.

I'll frubal you for this one , jzkAllah khayr

301ouncer

Lol sorry, I thought you were some sort of christian telling us that Jesus will come and destroy evryone who does not believe he is the son of God and then wars will end or someth like that. Sorry again.

However the part about laziness is still valid in this case *smile* barakallahu feek

I'll frubal you for this one , jzkAllah khayr

No problem.

Yes the good muslims dawah here is like a walk in the park with ice creams in a bright sunny day compared to the serious dawah of the serious emplyment section. :D

fatima_bintu_islam

I am just getting tired of hearing people killing themselves and/or others in the name of religion while being led by some False Prophet.:(:sad4:

Just as we are tired of seeing children being blowed up in front of our eyes while their opressors being led by a dream for oil. ( But Im sure western leaders never ever speak about this issue, Ive followed foreign news myself, its jsut incredible how they choose to completely ignore their terroristic taking over others people lands with the flag of " freedom" over their shoulders, while they are making one person responsable for all their mistakes and calling him the number 1 danger on the world , in order to diverge the attention of populations to him , I hope you try and reflect on this point and not to let yourself driven by the diplomatic and well decorated speeches of the leaders)

You cant know whats in someones mind until you experience the same thing.