• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your religion

Researcher

Hello guys
I am researching about religions and there believes about a "spirit world" Or something like that.
Answer with yes or no and name your religion.
And thank you.

Also, if possible with references, sources or even sites.

Last edited:

Researcher

Spirit world has many difinitions like:
some define Spirit world as a world that is unsensed by the physical bodies but by the spirit.
some says it is a world that spirits reside in after the death or when they leave the body.
science say it is the fifth dimension and calls it the astral plane.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I guess yes, then. :)

I'm not sure about what the top definition would be, though, so I can't really say.

I do, however, believe in something beyond this world. If you would consider an afterlife as part of a "spirit world", possibly.

I don't believe there is a place one goes and waits to be rewarded or punished, though. I believe transmission of life-to-life is (probably) instantaneous if one has not left the cycle of birth and rebirth. If it is not instantaneous, I guess there would then be some sort of "life-review" beforehand.

Of course, I could be wrong. :)

Bhagavata

Bhakta of Krishna
Gaudiya Vaishnavas believe in a Spiritual World where God and Liberated souls reside, its called Vaikuntha.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
You could put Hinduism, of the Shakta style of thought. It's not official or anything but it's the one I lean closest to at this moment in time.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
About hinduism, all branches have the same core beliefs, don't they?
Pretty much.

A Smarta, Shaiva, Shakta, Vaishnava, Smarta and Ganapatya all believe in the authority of the Vedas, for example.

However, a Shakta sees Devi as supreme, Vaishnava Vishnu, Ganapatya Ganesha, Shaiva Shiva, and Smarta it's Surya, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha, and Devi.

Many Hindus will not see much of a difference in the deity one worships though, since many believe it's all the Deity.

Ardhanarishvara.jpg

Ardhanarishvara: Shiva and Shakti as one and the same.
harihara-full.jpg

Harihara: Vishnu and Shiva as one and the same.