• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your longing to love—this is love

Mark Dohle

Your longing to love—this is love

February 14—In a car. “You saw My kindness in the face of that young girl? Be like that always. If My followers were good to one another, the face of the world would be transformed.” “Your longing to love—this is love . . .” “In your soul there is a door that leads to the contemplation of God. But you must open it.” February 17—“Don’t

Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (Kindle Locations 284-288).
Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition.

The Christian path is not about being nice, but about being kind. Kindness comes from the heart, when it sees, and understands a person, or a situation. Most people are touched by even the smallest kindness, especially if it comes in an unexpected manner. We often find that when we do reach out in kindness, we find an inner door opening that brings with it a deep happiness, or perhaps joy, would be the better word. Kindness is not done out of compulsion. It does not lead to irritation, or an expectation, of a return. Hence the joy. The ego is placed aside, and something bigger is experienced. It is our true nature, made in the image, and likeness, of God, whose nature is Infinite Love, and Kindness. Until we open up our hearts to all that we meet, that deep inner joy will not be experienced. Harshness, contempt, anger, and indifference, are used to block out understanding of the reality of the lives of others, and the pain that can bring. Love has a price, it leads to kindness that is based on seeing with the eyes of Christ Jesus. –Br.MD