• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your daily impermanence

koan

My view on what permanence is the impression all things leave on time. Time is expained as a paleo strip (one sided) in which mankind has not yet mastered the travel. If a building is tore down, that is permanent. Even if another building is built in its place, the old one is no longer in existence. I guess what I am trying to say is that actions explain permanence, everything else has an impermanence quality.

This building that was torn down, What was it before it was a building? All the materials were already in existance, as they are whence the building is torn down.
The actual buiding is mind creation. The tearing down, is mind change. Even though we use copious amounts of raw material in this world, nothing may be added to, and nothing may be taken away.
When the universe was formed, the amount of material is finite. The only thing that is not finite, is the universe itself, because like everything it will end. However even though this universe will end, the "energy," of coming into existance and going out of existance is always there.