• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Complaints About Christianity?

Dogknox20

That is what is up brother. The Garden has a lot to learn with in it. For sure about us and how we are selfish... now idk if anyone else can say this,
But I for damn sure in my life have been selfish... and a lot of other things too, and still today can be... though try to be selfless by and through allowing the second Adam to flow through by faith.
Hello I hope all is well... The garden is the best place to start! Simply put; You must love to enter the place! Love is = Giving of your self for another! Putting the other person or God first at your expense of time or money!
Jesus is the only second perfect man to come along, he Loves while the first perfect man Adam did not. Adam brought corruption into God' perfect creation!! Adam made a choice that effected all of his decedents.. "US"!
MatthewA we live in a corrupted world, it's not perfect! Because man is now formed from corrupted material none can be born prefect.. We were stuck between a rock and a hard spot! We needed a perfect man to fix what Adam' choice did; only God is perfect, he willingly was born as a man so he could die as a perfect man, sinless! Death could not hold Jesus in the grave because he was without sin!
.................................."The wages of sin is death"!.........................

No one can die twice... Jesus died and rose never ever to die again.. Jesus the man/God will live for eternity! NOW...

MatthewA
now this is what we have to do it is get our sorry ssa's immersed into the risen never to die body of Jesus! In Jesus we have eternal life! And as long as we remain in Jesus, the body of the risen Jesus we will life for ever! IF....

MatthewA
if you have been immersed into the body of Jesus then logic alone would say: God is your father and logic would say Mary is your mother, logic would also say other Christians (disciples) are your brothers & sisters!
Just saying...

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Do you have any complaints about Christianity?

What are some of the things about Christianity that you personally do not approve of; or accept in the contents of the bible?

Am a person who has limited interaction with others aside from the internet; curious to anyone and everyone and their thoughts on these things here at ReligiousForums.com.

Christians have and are always welcome in my home and in my heart.

Dogknox20

That is what is up brother. The Garden has a lot to learn with in it. For sure about us and how we are selfish... now idk if anyone else can say this,

But I for damn sure in my life have been selfish... and a lot of other things too, and still today can be... though try to be selfless by and through allowing the second Adam to flow through by faith.
MatthewA me again.... You had a whack of concerns and questions in your post...does any thing else come to your mind....?
I continue...
Loving is doing right! No one without love will ever enter heaven fact is "The Breastplate of righteousness" is made with love... A person with ONLY faith can't put the breastplate on!
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

Isaiah 59:17 He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.

THINK: God is love! The person with out love cannot be righteous if all they have is faith.. ALONE! A person with only faith has no hope of salvation they would be "Hope-less" they could never put on the Helmet of salvation because it is made with hope! A person with out Love having ONLY faith would not have God.. In fact that person would be "Hopeless & God-Less!"

1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
MatthewA did you see it? The one who does what is right is righteous, THINK: The Sheep in the story of the last judgement (Matt 25) are called "the righteous" they go to heaven because they do right "THEY LOVE"! The Goats in the same story are NOT righteous, Jesus tells us they are Satan's children! These Goats have NO love just faith ALONE!

MatthewA

MatthewA me again.... You had a whack of concerns and questions in your post...does any thing else come to your mind....?
I continue...
Loving is doing right! No one without love will ever enter heaven fact is "The Breastplate of righteousness" is made with love... A person with ONLY faith can't put the breastplate on!
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

Isaiah 59:17 He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.

THINK: God is love! The person with out love cannot be righteous if all they have is faith.. ALONE! A person with only faith has no hope of salvation they would be "Hope-less" they could never put on the Helmet of salvation because it is made with hope! A person with out Love having ONLY faith would not have God.. In fact that person would be "Hopeless & God-Less!"

1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
MatthewA did you see it? The one who does what is right is righteous, THINK: The Sheep in the story of the last judgement (Matt 25) are called "the righteous" they go to heaven because they do right "THEY LOVE"! The Goats in the same story are NOT righteous, Jesus tells us they are Satan's children! These Goats have NO love just faith ALONE!

Brother, am set in my own mind when it comes down to what is believed; you are doing a fine job sharing your own belief and along with scriptures that are very help to the community that may have never even seen those scriptures before. Our views on our belief may be different when it comes down to how we see the scriptures and that is okay.

( I personally stand on what was previously shared before. that you originally commented on.) ~

You take care DogKnox, I personally believe that Satan has been defeated ; and if people who still desire nothing to do with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ it is fine; still love them too; God is love.

God loves those who are against Him; because He desires all people to come the knowledge of the truth. Though because of Gods love; He doesn't force them to come to Him; He is patient, and longsuffering, and merciful, and kind, and forgiving; while also being holy and just.

1 Timothy 2:
1First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone2for kings and all those in authority—so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.

Dogknox20

Brother, am set in my own mind when it comes down to what is believed; you are doing a fine job sharing your own belief and along with scriptures that are very help to the community that may have never even seen those scriptures before. Our views on our belief may be different when it comes down to how we see the scriptures and that is okay.

( I personally stand on what was previously shared before. that you originally commented on.) ~

You take care DogKnox, I personally believe that Satan has been defeated ; and if people who still desire nothing to do with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ it is fine; still love them too; God is love.

God loves those who are against Him; because He desires all people to come the knowledge of the truth. Though because of Gods love; He doesn't force them to come to Him; He is patient, and longsuffering, and merciful, and kind, and forgiving; while also being holy and just.

1 Timothy 2:
1First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone2for kings and all those in authority—so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.5For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.
MatthewA Thankyou for your post...
First .. I think your many concerns and questions you had were a ruse; you were not searching as you implied.. You were fishing!
Second.. God cannot do anything but love! He is love! Yes he loves all peoples he made them, he does everything perfectly! If a person has God in them they will not enter Gehenna, it's just this simple! God/LOVE would not go to Gehenna!
Third.. Satan is not defeated he is working; he prowls around searching for souls!
1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.
Did you see it...? "Not DOING RIGHT & NOT LOVING" these are Satan' children!
MatthewA There is a whole lot of evil in the world; It's not coming from God Satan has not been defeated!

Death has been destroyed and life has been restored from the cross! Death is no more! All people will live forever the question is where? In heaven or down in Gehenna! Those in heaven are all who have love; they are God' children and those in Gehenna are Satan's children they are selfish, unloving having ONLY faith!
All in Gehenna will want to die (opposite to now) they will blame Jesus for destroying death, it will be Jesus' fault they can't end their suffering!
Fourth... You quote 1 Timothy 2 this is also a few verse below your quote ... 1 Timothy 2:15 But women will be saved through childbearingif they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.
Did you see the "IF"? So much for Faith ALONE!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

What are some of the things about Christianity that you personally do not approve of; or accept in the contents of the bible?

Am a person who has limited interaction with others aside from the internet; curious to anyone and everyone and their thoughts on these things here at ReligiousForums.com.
First, let me say something positive so that it doesn't look like I'm just here to bash Christianity. I think it is extremely good that since the Holocaust, the Christian church in general has disavowed anti-Semitism. Oh Christian anti-Semites do still exist, but they are mostly marginalized by their churches. Most churches have even given up replacement theology.

That said, there are just some things that bug the heck out of me.
1. The whole a man is God thing. Yikes.
2. The fact that Christianity has appropriated Jewish scriptures, but goes against Jewish scholarship in interpreting them. It's like, come on you guys, you think you are better at understanding our own writings than we are? Really?
3. And probably most of all, the whole exclusivism thing. "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me." Anyone who doesn't believe the Jesus stuff is hell bound. HATE THIS. It's arrogant, and bigoted, and deliberately puts up a wall against recognizing the wisdom that can be found in other religions, and the good and love that can be found in non-Christians. What kind of God do Christians serve, that would condemn Mahatma Ghandi to an eternity of torture without purpose or relief?

MatthewA

First, let me say something positive so that it doesn't look like I'm just here to bash Christianity. I think it is extremely good that since the Holocaust, the Christian church in general has disavowed anti-Semitism. Oh Christian anti-Semites do still exist, but they are mostly marginalized by their churches. Most churches have even given up replacement theology.

2. The fact that Christianity has appropriated Jewish scriptures, but goes against Jewish scholarship in interpreting them. It's like, come on you guys, you think you are better at understanding our own writings than we are? Really?
3. And probably most of all, the whole exclusivism thing. "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me." Anyone who doesn't believe the Jesus stuff is hell bound. HATE THIS. It's arrogant, and bigoted, and deliberately puts up a wall against recognizing the wisdom that can be found in other religions, and the good and love that can be found in non-Christians. What kind of God do Christians serve, that would condemn Mahatma Ghandi to an eternity of torture without purpose or relief?

Hello, IndigoChild5559: My belief comes from (Revelation 22) when it comes to the afterlife. Also Jesus Christ has conquered over (she'ol/hell) (1 Peter 3:19-20: Matthew 12:40), when He was in the heart of the earth. (There is a lot more that could be said but desire not to go into them.)

You are right however, there are believers of Christianity that will tell you that you will die and burn in hell forever: I do not ascribe to this type of theology however, though still believe that Jesus Christ is the truth, the way, and the life. Thank you for sharing.

Dogknox20

Hello IndigoChild5559 good points.. Please be patient with me.. I will try to help you understand.
I reply: 1) Adam was perfect ... But this perfect man sinned! Death came into God' perfect creation because Adam made a free choice to Sin! The God/Man Jesus is the second perfect man to be born! ONLY God is perfect: only a perfect man could fix what the first perfect man corrupted! Jesus died without sin!
IndigoChild5559 Sin could not hold Jesus in the grave he rose, Jesus resurrected from death never ever to die a second time! No person can die twice!
IndigoChild5559 Christians are IMMERSED into the body of the resurrected Jesus! Being baptized into the risen Jesus we also can't die! Being immersed into the resurrected Jesus means we are now God' children NOT Adams children anymore!

2) Jesus has Jewish roots thus the Jewish history is passed on into Christianity.
LOOK..(in a nut shell) The people of Moses were saved by the Red Sea Pharos army was washed away, Baptism saves Christians the waters wash away sins and just as the People of Moses then became a nation after the Red sea; Christians being immersed into the God/man become God' children!
The people of Moses ate Manna for 40 years on their journey to the promised land the Manna nourished them. Christians eat the true Manna come down from heaven the "living can't die again flesh of Jesus" as I journey to my promised land Heaven, my Spirit is nourished!
I was IMMERSED into the body of Jesus by my Baptism & Jesus is IN me because I consume his living forever flesh in the form of Manna! I am in him & He is in me!
The people of Moses followed a pillar of fire for direction. I follow the Church; at Pentecost the Holy Spirit (Fire) landed on the leaders of the new Church Jesus established on Rock.. This means the Church is not built on sand it cannot fall! Like the people of Moses Fire was the guide on their journey to the promised land THUS the Holy Church is my guide to my promised land Heaven!
The People looked to the serpent held on a bronze pole, Moses held it up to save all those bitten by the viper! The Holy Church holds on Jesus; when I am bitten by sin I am healed in the Confessional!
3) You are highly mistaken... Jesus is God... To enter heaven you must be welcomed by God. God is LOVE! All peoples who love can enter heaven does not matter their religion.. Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jew, German, Greek IndigoChild5559 YES even the Dutch can enter heaven IF has LOVE they have God in their heart!! It is just that simple! WE..
IndigoChild5559
we know; Jesus loves all peoples because he took our place in death: he died in our place to destroy death and restore life!

IndigoChild5559

Hello IndigoChild5559 good points.. Please be patient with me.. I will try to help you understand.
I reply: 1) Adam was perfect ... But this perfect man sinned! Death came into God' perfect creation because Adam made a free choice to Sin! The God/Man Jesus is the second perfect man to be born! ONLY God is perfect: only a perfect man could fix what the first perfect man corrupted! Jesus died without sin!
IndigoChild5559 Sin could not hold Jesus in the grave he rose, Jesus resurrected from death never ever to die a second time! No person can die twice!
IndigoChild5559 Christians are IMMERSED into the body of the resurrected Jesus! Being baptized into the risen Jesus we also can't die! Being immersed into the resurrected Jesus means we are now God' children NOT Adams children anymore!

2) Jesus has Jewish roots thus the Jewish history is passed on into Christianity.
LOOK..(in a nut shell) The people of Moses were saved by the Red Sea Pharos army was washed away, Baptism saves Christians the waters wash away sins and just as the People of Moses then became a nation after the Red sea; Christians being immersed into the God/man become God' children!
The people of Moses ate Manna for 40 years on their journey to the promised land the Manna nourished them. Christians eat the true Manna come down from heaven the "living can't die again flesh of Jesus" as I journey to my promised land Heaven, my Spirit is nourished!
I was IMMERSED into the body of Jesus by my Baptism & Jesus is IN me because I consume his living forever flesh in the form of Manna! I am in him & He is in me!
The people of Moses followed a pillar of fire for direction. I follow the Church; at Pentecost the Holy Spirit (Fire) landed on the leaders of the new Church Jesus established on Rock.. This means the Church is not built on sand it cannot fall! Like the people of Moses Fire was the guide on their journey to the promised land THUS the Holy Church is my guide to my promised land Heaven!
The People looked to the serpent held on a bronze pole, Moses held it up to save all those bitten by the viper! The Holy Church holds on Jesus; when I am bitten by sin I am healed in the Confessional!
3) You are highly mistaken... Jesus is God... To enter heaven you must be welcomed by God. God is LOVE! All peoples who love can enter heaven does not matter their religion.. Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jew, German, Greek IndigoChild5559 YES even the Dutch can enter heaven IF has LOVE they have God in their heart!! It is just that simple! WE..
IndigoChild5559
we know; Jesus loves all peoples because he took our place in death: he died in our place to destroy death and restore life!
Your post is more personal sharing and presentation of your take on the gospel message than a direct answer to my points, but I thank you for taking my post seriously and being so kind as to provide such a thoughtful response.

Is Jesus God? Three times is the Tanakh we are told of God's nature that God is not a man/mortal. Three times. It must be an important point. Basically, any religion that says "this man is God" contradicts the Tanakh (Old Testament).

Your remark that Jews and Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims can all go to heaven is unusual for a Christian. I would argue with you that your opinion goes against what is taught in your New Testament, but really, that is more the job of your fellow Christians. For me, I am very VERY happy that you don't think people go to hell simply because we don't believe in Jesus.

Fallen Prophet

In my experience - most Christians don't actually know what the Bible teaches - so they make fools of themselves.

Dogknox20

Your post is more personal sharing and presentation of your take on the gospel message than a direct answer to my points, but I thank you for taking my post seriously and being so kind as to provide such a thoughtful response.

Is Jesus God? Three times is the Tanakh we are told of God's nature that God is not a man/mortal. Three times. It must be an important point. Basically, any religion that says "this man is God" contradicts the Tanakh (Old Testament).

Your remark that Jews and Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims can all go to heaven is unusual for a Christian. I would argue with you that your opinion goes against what is taught in your New Testament, but really, that is more the job of your fellow Christians. For me, I am very VERY happy that you don't think people go to hell simply because we don't believe in Jesus.
Again good question...
Is Jesus God? As you know only God is perfect. Jesus died but sin could not hold him down because he was sinless.. Perfect! Jesus removed sins.. Only God can remove sins! Jesus walked on water, healed the blind, lame, mute etc.!
Look at Elizabeth she was a Jew her husband Zechariah was a high priest ... Luke 1:8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense.
IndigoChild5559 All know Jews' believe in one God, not many! Look how Elizabeth greets Mary the mother of Jesus Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
IndigoChild5559 Elizabeth just greeted Mary... "Mother of my God!"

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Matthew 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”)

IndigoChild5559 Jesus is the pascal lamb.. Jesus willingly took our place in death he died to pay the price of Adams sin. The perfect man rose bringing all those immersed/Baptized into him also to new life!

Revelations 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Think of God this way... We know God is love... No one can love themselves. To love perfectly you must let go of self for another person! For God to love perfectly; (because we know he is perfect) had to have another; a someone else to give himself to!
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
NEXT..
John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

IndigoChild5559 God became flesh/man! God dwelt among man!

Genesis 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

IndigoChild5559 above verse "US" plural.. (more then one)

Dogknox20

Is Jesus God? Three times is the Tanakhic we are told of God's nature that God is not a man/mortal. Three times. It must be an important point. Basically, any religion that says "this man is God" contradicts the Tanakh (Old Testament).

Hello again... Matthew 1:16
and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

IndigoChild5559 Sure.. The Tanakhic tells us God is not a man... But what do the scriptures say about the Messiah!?
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

You disagree about all peoples can go to heaven? It's not unusual for Christians to say all peoples can go to heaven!
To help you understand you must be patient with me..
FIRST.. There is a plethora of different types of Christians! Jesus established a Church ONE Church; before he ascended into heaven! The Catholic Church has roots going back 2000 years to Jesus and his Apostles! In 1054 A.D. the Orthodox Christian church broke away from the Catholic Church. Then when Martin Luther showed up in the sixteen hundreds he started a De-Forming of the Catholic Church... His teaching went this way... (Paraphrase) "We don't need no stinking Church and her sacrament all we need is Faith & the Scriptures ALONE!" This teaching started the chaos; thousands and thousands of man made churches all claiming to have the only truth.. These man made churches are called "Protestant"! BUT..

IndigoChild5559
but not even two of these thousands of man made churches have come to believe the same things... All because of how each of these various churches has interpreted the scriptures!
All Christians know the Jewish peoples are God' peoples!
All Christians know the Jewish peoples are God' first love...

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!
All Israel Will Be Saved
25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all

Example.. There is a Christians group (Protestant) raising "Red Heffner's" apparently the scriptures say the Jews will need them to offer to God an acceptable sacrifice!
It's not so much Christians that have it in for the Jewish people it is the none Christians or ignorant peoples that cause you so much harm! Fact is "Satan hates the Jewish peoples" he is alive and well doing his work on earth! In the very early Catholic Church there was Jewish persecutions saying it was the Jews that killed Jesus.. But that is not the case today! Fact is Jesus was a Jew!
The Catholic Church is still alive and well... but there are over thirty five thousand various man made protestant churches with a whole range of beliefs... Can't have music in church & No dancing, woman can't speak in church & Woman ministers allowed or NO woman ministers. Only they have the truth or another will teach there is no truth! All churches are the same to Church is invisible etc etc!! Baptism saves or NO baptism is only symbolic! On and on... it is very confusing! Can't lose salvation or man can lose salvation! It's whack-Oh to say the least!
Each of these protestant churches hare established by a man who has interpreted the scriptures one particular way ALL claim the scriptures ALONE are their only authority!
Some of these protestant church teach only they can go to heaven!
The Catholic Church with over 1.2 billion members teaches; all peoples are loved by God, all can enter heaven.. IF they love!

IndigoChild5559

Again good question...
Is Jesus God? As you know only God is perfect. Jesus died but sin could not hold him down because he was sinless.. Perfect! Jesus removed sins.. Only God can remove sins! Jesus walked on water, healed the blind, lame, mute etc.!
Look at Elizabeth she was a Jew her husband Zechariah was a high priest ... Luke 1:8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense.
IndigoChild5559 All know Jews' believe in one God, not many! Look how Elizabeth greets Mary the mother of Jesus Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
IndigoChild5559 Elizabeth just greeted Mary... "Mother of my God!"

Matthew 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”)

IndigoChild5559 Jesus is the pascal lamb.. Jesus willingly took our place in death he died to pay the price of Adams sin. The perfect man rose bringing all those immersed/Baptized into him also to new life!

Revelations 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Think of God this way... We know God is love... No one can love themselves. To love perfectly you must let go of self for another person! For God to love perfectly; (because we know he is perfect) had to have another; a someone else to give himself to!
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
NEXT..
John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

IndigoChild5559 God became flesh/man! God dwelt among man!

Genesis 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

IndigoChild5559 above verse "US" plural.. (more then one)
hello my friend. thank you again for your thoughtful response.

Your posts are geared towards evangelization rather than debate of an issue. I'm really not interested in being evangelized -- trust me, there is nothing you are saying I haven't heard before. I'm really more into the the forum for succinct short little debates. We are really not well suited for each other.

I wish you well, and I hope that your experience in here on RF draws you closer to God, and sharpens your mind.

Dogknox20

hello my friend. thank you again for your thoughtful response.

Your posts are geared towards evangelization rather than debate of an issue. I'm really not interested in being evangelized -- trust me, there is nothing you are saying I haven't heard before. I'm really more into the the forum for succinct short little debates. We are really not well suited for each other.

I wish you well, and I hope that your experience in here on RF draws you closer to God, and sharpens your mind.
IndigoChild5559 thank you for your post... I had the wrong impression thinking you had a quest to understand... I was going slow not wanting to offend you in anyway! Sorry .. ha-ha!
Let me try this.... At the last supper a Passover meal; Jesus drinks wine then proclaimed he would not drink of the cup again until the day he came into his kingdom!
Luke 22:18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.

IndigoChild5559 then.. Between the third cup known as the “cup of blessing.” and the forth cup the “Great Hallel” (Psalms 114-118) is sung and then the fourth cup of wine is drank to finish the meal!
Mark 14:26 When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

They sang the sung but NOT the last cup is drank yet! LOOK...
Mark 14:32 They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.
In this garden Jesus prays.. Mark 14:36 “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”
IndigoChild5559 Jesus is talking about the forth cup to finish the Passover meal! The meal is not finished yet! On the way to Golgotha look what Jesus does...
Mark 15:22 They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). 23 Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. 24 And they crucified him. Dividing up his clothes, they cast lots to see what each would get.

Jesus refused to drink the Passover meal is not finished!
John 19:29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

The "“It is finished." means the Passover meal is now finished! Jesus is the NEW sacrifice the new unblemished lamb, now all we have to do is eat the meal.. We eat the lamb!
Exodus 12:21 Then Moses summoned all the elders of Israel and said to them, “Go at once and select the animals for your families and slaughter the Passover lamb. 22 Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. None of you shall go out of the door of your house until morning.

IndigoChild5559 Jesus is NOW the manna we eat on our journey to our promised land; Heaven! I was IMMERSED into Jesus by Baptism Jesus is IN Me because I consume his living flesh and blood! I am in him he is in me!

John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
IndigoChild5559 thank you for your post... I had the wrong impression thinking you had a quest to understand... I was going slow not wanting to offend you in anyway! Sorry .. ha-ha!
Let me try this.... At the last supper a Passover meal; Jesus drinks wine then proclaimed he would not drink of the cup again until the day he came into his kingdom!
Luke 22:18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.

IndigoChild5559 then.. Between the third cup known as the “cup of blessing.” and the forth cup the “Great Hallel” (Psalms 114-118) is sung and then the fourth cup of wine is drank to finish the meal!
Mark 14:26 When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

They sang the sung but NOT the last cup is drank yet! LOOK...
Mark 14:32 They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.
In this garden Jesus prays.. Mark 14:36 “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”
IndigoChild5559 Jesus is talking about the forth cup to finish the Passover meal! The meal is not finished yet! On the way to Golgotha look what Jesus does...
Mark 15:22 They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). 23 Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. 24 And they crucified him. Dividing up his clothes, they cast lots to see what each would get.

Jesus refused to drink the Passover meal is not finished!
John 19:29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

The "“It is finished." means the Passover meal is now finished! Jesus is the NEW sacrifice the new unblemished lamb, now all we have to do is eat the meal.. We eat the lamb!
Exodus 12:21 Then Moses summoned all the elders of Israel and said to them, “Go at once and select the animals for your families and slaughter the Passover lamb. 22 Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. None of you shall go out of the door of your house until morning.

IndigoChild5559 Jesus is NOW the manna we eat on our journey to our promised land; Heaven! I was IMMERSED into Jesus by Baptism Jesus is IN Me because I consume his living flesh and blood! I am in him he is in me!

John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
I have to say: this kind of self-centered, oblivious preaching is one of my complaints about Christianity.

It's certainly not something that every Christian does, but it does seem to be a feature of the religion.

IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 thank you for your post... I had the wrong impression thinking you had a quest to understand....
I have a quest both to share and to learn, but not from sermons. I think that through debate, the truth will rise. But debate is not something you are interested in. That's fine, but it's just different from me.

Be well.

Dogknox20

I have a quest both to share and to learn, but not from sermons. I think that through debate, the truth will rise. But debate is not something you are interested in. That's fine, but it's just different from me.
Be well.
IndigoChild5559 I have to ask... Jesus being the "Messiah" is not considered open for debate!?

Matthew 1:1 The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah
This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

AND... Jesus being the New Passover Lamb is not considered open for debate!?

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Jesus' resurrection is not considered open for debate!?
John 20:26
A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
IndigoChild5559 I have to ask... Jesus being the "Messiah" is not considered open for debate!?

Matthew 1:1 The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah
This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

AND... Jesus being the New Passover Lamb is not considered open for debate!?

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Jesus' resurrection is not considered open for debate!?
John 20:26
A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!
Do you find that this tactic ever works?

Dogknox20

Do you find that this tactic ever works?
Hello 9-10ths_Penguin I agree...BUT... IndigoChild5559 wants debate!!!
IndigoChild5559 asked about Christians hating Jews? I tried to go easy with her on this topic.. she replayed... She was looking for debate... Not understanding Christian faith!
Thousands and thousands of various Christian beliefs is where I started apparently her knowledge of Christians was not the issue!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hello 9-10ths_Penguin I agree...BUT... IndigoChild5559 wants debate!!!
IndigoChild5559 asked about Christians hating Jews? I tried to go easy with her on this topic.. she replayed... She was looking for debate... Not understanding Christian faith!
Thousands and thousands of various Christian beliefs is where I started apparently her knowledge of Christians was not the issue!
I'll take that as a "no."