• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your beverage of choice

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Soda: Coke
Sparkling: Flavored seltzer, Voss Sparkling
Tea: Chai, assam, red
Juice: Watermelon, guava
Hard: Whiskey and coke, jagerbombs
Energy: Monster (all), Nos

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Tea is my drink of choice, mostly green or white types like jasmine green and silver tips. I've got about 14 different types of teas in my cupboard, some of which are fruity and herbal as well. All of them are loose leaves, it tastes much better. Bagged green tea is so bitter compared to loose, where the flavour is mild and soft. *Serious tea drinker here* :p

I like to drink matcha in the morning, I often make a latte out of it. It's super nice and I feel tea tends to give an energy boost without crashing as with coffee. I like chai as well once in a while, since I am a fan of spices and flavours like cinnamon.

Treks

I drink a lot of coffee, long black with 1 sugar when I'm at work, or latte/cappuccino/mocha when I'm out and about.

At home I usually drink water or Milo. Milo. Milo. Does that count as a beverage? With oat milk most of the time.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Soda.

What is your beverage of choice? For a long time for me it has been soft drinks, aka soda, more specifically Pepsi-Cola. However, now that I'm living further out from places than I used to, I do less trips for things I run out of, like soda. I noticed that I had three concentrated flavor-enhancers in my cabinet while I was moving so I'm been using those. I have to admit, I think I've changed my mind about this.

There's various reasons why flavor-enhanced water is better than soda.
  1. It tastes better
#1 on your list, huh? I have either found this to not be the case or doubt it would ever be true. Please feel free to provide your best tasting flavor-enhanced water and I'll run a taste test in comparison with coke, and (honestly) report my findings.

Obviously, taste is subjective, but since you claim to like soda so much, I'm very curious how you can make this claim and curious if I might think the same myself. I think it could depend on mood, but more often than not I prefer the taste of soda, hence why I responded the way I did. Sometimes chocolate milk hits the spot in a way that I don't think soda can, and in that moment I may say chocolate milk tastes better than any soda I've had. But more often than not, I'd say soda tastes better (to me) than any other beverage.

I also don't think of soda as all that expensive. I usually get 1 liters. If I bought bottled water by that same amount, I think it would possibly be a little less expensive, but not if I'm getting what is the #1 brand on the market. I imagine that brand could get away with charging more than what 1 liter of coke routinely costs me. I'd be very surprised if flavored water is less expensive than non-flavored (or normal) water. I'm always blown away that 20 oz. bottles of soda cost nearly twice as much as 1 liter bottles of soda just about everywhere I buy soda from. Suffice it to say, I rarely buy 20 oz. bottles of soda. When I do, I think I ought to have my head examined that day.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
Soda.

#1 on your list, huh? I have either found this to not be the case or doubt it would ever be true. Please feel free to provide your best tasting flavor-enhanced water and I'll run a taste test in comparison with coke, and (honestly) report my findings.

Nothing tastes better to me than Vanilla Pepsi. Ginger beer doesn't come close, water enhancers doesn't come close. Nothing. So you want to take the entirety of soda and compare it to the entirety of water enhancers, yeah, soda tastes better. But vanilla pepsi is slowly being shifted away and being replaced by cherry vanilla pepsi, and I do not like anything cherry flavored.

That list wasn't numbered from most important to least. It was numbered so I could track down how many reasons I had for enjoying liquid enhancers over soda. In any case, if you want a side-by-side comparison take normal Coca-Cola and compare it to Mio Energy Tropical Fusion. I think the latter tastes better.

Obviously, taste is subjective, but since you claim to like soda so much, I'm very curious how you can make this claim and curious if I might think the same myself. I think it could depend on mood, but more often than not I prefer the taste of soda, hence why I responded the way I did. Sometimes chocolate milk hits the spot in a way that I don't think soda can, and in that moment I may say chocolate milk tastes better than any soda I've had. But more often than not, I'd say soda tastes better (to me) than any other beverage.

Part of the reason why I like soda so much is better it has "weight" to it. You can drink a can of Coke or Pepsi and feel full for awhile, like you just had a quick meal. The same isn't really true with liquid enhancers. Liquid enhancers don't have the "density" soda has. Nothing is pulling it down, besides a little flavor boost. Soda has calories, sugar, carbs ... liquid enhancers just taste good. That's why I think Diet Sodas are ruined concepts. There's a lot less weight on Diet Soda and therefore, someone has to drink more to get the same level of satisfaction.

I also don't think of soda as all that expensive. I usually get 1 liters. If I bought bottled water by that same amount, I think it would possibly be a little less expensive, but not if I'm getting what is the #1 brand on the market. I imagine that brand could get away with charging more than what 1 liter of coke routinely costs me. I'd be very surprised if flavored water is less expensive than non-flavored (or normal) water. I'm always blown away that 20 oz. bottles of soda cost nearly twice as much as 1 liter bottles of soda just about everywhere I buy soda from. Suffice it to say, I rarely buy 20 oz. bottles of soda. When I do, I think I ought to have my head examined that day.

Mio Energy line is $3.65. It makes 18 eight-ounce servings. That's 144 ounces. A 12-pack of 12-ounce sodas is the same, 144 ounces. Last time I checked a 12-pack of Pepsi or Coke is $5.99. That's only 60% the price of soda.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I use things like Mio, but I do not get the "flavor enhancer" part, or "water enhacer" part. It doesn't enhance flavor because it is flavor. Salt, bay leaves, thyme, garlic, those are flavor enhancers because they bring out and enhance flavor. All Mio does is add strawberry lemonade flavor (it's an off brand) to my water. And, really, if anything about water needs enhanced it's all the chemicals that need removed, especially in city water (Mio makes city water minimally tolerable to me).
Really, Mio is an "enhancer" just the same as Koolaid.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd be very surprised if flavored water is less expensive than non-flavored (or normal) water.
It all depends, but for me, my water comes from the tap that comes from a well, so I don't really pay for water, so the price comes down to a bottle of flavoring (about 3 dollars) versus a 12-pack of soda (about 5). Plus you get way more in the small bottle of flavoring, at 192 (more-or-less depending on total usage) ounces total versus 144 for the soda (which can be wasted, but not stretched out to make more like you can with the flavoring).

Water is the best thirst quencher, nothing like pure water.
I have found this to be true in every place I have been to around the planet.
One thing I found is that cold water doesn't do as well to quench my thirst but rather fresh room temp or heated water quenches the best.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Cranberry, apple, and grape juice
Thai iced tea
Oliang coffee
Fruit Punch Rockstar energy drink
Heineken
Moosehead lager
Woodchuck hard cider

Last edited:
Spring water is probably 75-90% of what I drink at home. If I'm drinking soda it's usually as a treat and I'll spring the extra few bucks for a pack of glass-bottle sodas. If I'm drinking alcohol my go-to choice is craft beer, and I'm particularly fond of Belgian White or Wit beers like Blue Moon and Shock Top, or beers with strong citrus notes. I'm the same way with tea, I love a nice earl grey over ice or an arnold palmer (tea and lemonade).

Palehorse

Most definately KOSHER Coca~Cola

The list
1. Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric (I had to start there)
2. Remove rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil.
3. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Make gooey Coke funnel cakes .
5. Clean oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
6. Loosen a rusty bolt; pour on some Coke and wait for the magic to happen.
7. Kill slugs and snails; a small bowl of Coke will attract them, the acid will kill them.
8. Help a lawn become lush and green (see my lawn tonic article here )
9. Prevent an asthma attack! Apparently, the caffeine in two 12oz cans can prevent the onset of an attack.
10. Defrost a frozen windshield. Apply liberally and wait (I’ll see if this works in winter)
11. Clean burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
12. Descale a kettle using the same method in 11.
13. Neutralize a jellyfish sting.
14. Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
15. Cure nausea; let a can of Coke go flat then take a teaspoon of Coke every hour.
16. Also, flat coke can help relieve an upset stomach (aka “the runs”)
17. Make a Mentos & Coke exploding fountain. This one takes a 2-liter bottle of Coke.