• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young people running for office

OutOfTime

Great, at least you're not corrupt and nwo puppets. the party system is crap, it'd be so much more better if it was all independents.

Fat Old Sun

I think it is a great thing for people of all ages and life experience run if they have an interest. The candidates we usually get to choose from would do a great job representing us all if we were a nation of 55 year old lawyers. We are not, and I shudder to think what it would be like if we were.

About ten years ago or so, not far from where I lived, an 18 year old ran for the school board and was actually elected. While I don't think it would be wise if the board was composed solely of 18 year olds, he took it very seriously and brought a much needed and often neglected perspective to the position.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
They certainly couldn't do any worse than some of the politicians we have now...

Actually they might bring some refreshing new ideas to a stale, opinionated bunch of old relics.

I do think that all things should be in moderation, with an equal amount of old, and new, at least for a while to keep an even balance.:shrug: