• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You might be a Creationist if......

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Jesus obviously didn't preach out against evolution, he was a few years before Darwin, but nonetheless I do not see the two as compatible with my faith.
Why not? What is it about being a follower of Christ that precludes the wonders of nature and it's workings?

Thanks for the welcome, I'm aware of TEs, and I do view some of them as Christians, not all mind you (I'll quote scripture to get my point across if need be). For some people they seem to get along fine with the two, cognitive dissonance anyone, but for me I just don't see it working.
The only "scripture" that would be counter to known science and history would be the myths of the Torah. If one accepts that these myths were an attempt by nomads to pass on their understanding of the world and how things came to be, rather than as a science text, then the teachings attributed to Christ can be followed wholeheartedly without ignoring the basic facts of biology.

Despite what you may believe. Evolutionary biology and the Theory of Evolution are not some vast conspiracy to undermine God. In fact, if you look at it from a theistic view, evolutionary biology is the study of the intricate mechanisms God used in achieving what we see today. Much more worthy of a God than "poof" there it is.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
You might be a Creationist if...

You actually believe the following is logic.

If it was a fact, I would believe it
but since I don’t believe it, it is not a fact
I KNOW all facts are facts
I do not KNOW of evolution being a fact
and I disagree with it being a fact
therefore it is not a fact

(Yes, this was actually used by a poster here on RF)

Gabethewiking

You might be a Creationist if...

You actually believe the following is logic.

If it was a fact, I would believe it
but since I don’t believe it, it is not a fact
I KNOW all facts are facts
I do not KNOW of evolution being a fact
and I disagree with it being a fact
therefore it is not a fact

(Yes, this was actually used by a poster here on RF)

Jolly could possible demand reparation for you using
his quote like that, could be deemed ad hominem...

It does represent the average Creationist/Religious
very well actually.

MSizer

MSizer
I'll agree that it is subjective, but the experiences are real.

But an experience and it's interpretation can be two very different things Some people think that when the river floods, they must have made the sky angry by sacrificing too few goats the previous day. The river did in fact flood, but it had nothing to do with goat sacrifices.

Or another example would be the mistaken feeling of the presence of supernatural beings caused by a hyperactive right medial temporal lobe. That might be the same too.

MSizer

MSizer
I find it funny that Creationists don't see the obvious connection we have to apes through Comfort's love for bananas and the stunning resemblance between Ken Ham and Snowflake the gorrilla.

msizer-albums-ken-ham-picture1435-ken-ham-irony-smaller.jpg

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Which one is Ken Ham?

I'm just kidding. I recognize Ken Ham, but I would like to know the name of the fellow on the right?

Last edited:

Gabethewiking

Which one is Ken Ham?

I'm just kidding. I recognize Ken Ham, but I would like to know the name of the fellow on the right?

I couldn't stop laughing.
I see the same with these Muslims whom jump around acreaming they are"no damn apes" whooing and screaming, just like chimps... Irony at its best.