• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Make The Call...Embellishment Or Not.

esmith

Veteran Member
We all know we like to make our lives seem more interesting and sometimes embellish the facts a smidgen. We probably do it to further our own self-esteem and to impress others. Some do it to further a political agenda or to make a point relevant to them. Now Dr. Carson has be accused of embellishment, whether rightly or wrongly; I’ll leave that to the actual facts when and if they become known. So, I guess it’s time to get to the meat of this subject. Of course it’s about my favorite female villain, Hillary Rodham Clinton and I kind of like to take a jab at her any time I can. So, let’s take a look at some of her possible“embellishments”(of course that is up to you since that is the topic of this post).

Hillary mother named her after the famous mountain climber Sir Edmund Hillary, who made his first climb in New Zealand in Jan. 1948. Now Hillary was born in Oct 1947. Your decision on this one.

Hillary was turned down for becoming an astronaut when she was a teenager by NASA saying “Thank you very much but we don’t take girls”. Your decision again.

Hillary was under sniper fire in Bosnia in 1996. Well we have video of that little embellishment.

Hillary tried to join the USMC in 1975 and turned down. Now any lawyer entering a recruiting office would have been referred to a JAG recruiter and in 1975 almost anyone who could fog a mirror could enlist. So again, your decision.

So, if we are going to hold all of our presidential candidates to high integrity isn’t it time to start asking about Hillary? Or is it that it is old news and there nothing to see here, move along.

Sources used include:

http://www.redstate.com/2015/07/19/blockbuster-hillary-turned-nasa-girl/

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-made-memories-84161

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/25/campaign.wrap/index.html

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
On Twitter, she pled "Guilty as charged" to the accusation that her campaign was powered by pizza.

She's got snark. I like snark. She's also gotten wiser to the way to appeal to voters: don't be a God; be a flawed, relatable human.

Of course, that's not why she's my #2 choice (Sanders is my #1 right now). Bush had snark, too, and presented himself as a flawed, relatable human. Difference is that the Bush dynasty is made up of rich cowboys (meant negatively; I don't like the cowboy archetype) living wholly in the past; Clinton's politics seem to be based on something that resembles reality.

esmith

Veteran Member
On Twitter, she pled "Guilty as charged" to the accusation that her campaign was powered by pizza.

She's got snark. I like snark. She's also gotten wiser to the way to appeal to voters: don't be a God; be a flawed, relatable human.

Of course, that's not why she's my #2 choice (Sanders is my #1 right now). Bush had snark, too, and presented himself as a flawed, relatable human. Difference is that the Bush dynasty is made up of rich cowboys (meant negatively; I don't like the cowboy archetype) living wholly in the past; Clinton's politics seem to be based on something that resembles reality.
snarky remark in the first sentence, but you do not seem to want to answer the question. You a politician? .
And what reality is that.

Wirey

Fartist
If you're looking for an honest politician, you might want to see if Diogenes' lamp is still available.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
snarky remark in the first sentence, but you do not seem to want to answer the question. You a politician? .
And what reality is that.

Uh... you a baseball player?

Thank the Gods, I am not a politician. Though judging by that rather interrogative (and irrelevant) question, I wonder if their influence has rubbed off on you a bit. Since you're illustration of "embellishment" seemed to be listing qualities that we like, or "ought to like" about a politician, I did just that. Does it not count because it's not particularly dramatic?

The reality hers seems based on is the reality I see all around me every day: people are systematically oppressed and need help. I'm one of them, and so's nearly everyone I know.

Of course, I say "seems" for a reason. That being, I don't really follow politics that much. Long story short, I don't understand political rhetoric (especially since it's usually just people shouting at each other and name-calling; too many elementary school playground flashbacks), and so listen to the "translations" from other people I generally trust to understand it better than me.

I think she also once followed the anti-video game bandwagon back in the 90s, and I would definitely consider her a nemesis if that's still the case. She'd still have my second-choice vote, though, on the grounds of being significantly less evil than the Nostalgia Party.