• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"You can be a good Muslim and not wear a hijab"

Wasp

Islamic is different from quranic.
I rather thought so, but usually people don't admit that.

Your own dress code. Obviously it isn't quranic or Islamic, you just said so.
I didn't say that. You probably know that well yourself. What do you suppose is the Islamic dress code then?

But really you have missed the topic. It is whether a woman can be a good Muslim and not wear a hijab. In the OP I refer mostly to the head scarf, but the same question can be applied to all parts of a woman's dress. For instance, can a woman be a good Muslim and wear shoes like that?

Her feet are visible. A lot of Muslims consider that as awrah, meaning she is supposed to keep that part of her body covered. But not all, there is disagreement on a woman's feet.

She's purposefully attracting sexual attention, potentially harming her health and showing bad example to other women.

Based on the way she's dressed she is probably wearing make up as well. How does a woman who wears make up pray five times a day? She has to wash her face every time. That would mean reapplying make up perhaps four times a day, assuming she wasn't wearing any before Fajr, the early morning prayer.