• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are Pure Consciousness

Sriram

You are Pure Consciousness, Blissful, Immortal, beyond Time and Space. To realize it and abide in that Pure Consciousness, dissolving all your latencies is Liberation. To start with, you should accept the fact that you are not the body, you are not the sense organs, and you are not the mind. Then you should ponder what is Pure Consciousness and experience it at least for a fraction of a second. It is nothing but your own sense of Being without thoughts and emotions. Once you experience that even for a fraction of a second, you are ready to expand that. In general, reading out the following affirmations will be useful. Affirmations are powerful. You are what you believe and affirmations implant beliefs in your mind so that they work in the subconscious mind for you without your knowledge. Don’t read the affirmations quickly and mechanically. Read them slowly and take them to your heart. After the affirmation, remain silent for 10-15 minutes.

Affirmations
--------------
I am not the body.
I am not the sense organs.
I am not the mind.
I am the Pure Consciousness,
Blissful, Immortal, beyond Time and Space.
I am not Fear,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Anxiety,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Desire,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Anger,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Lust,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Hate,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Despair,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Guilt,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not the Hurt,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Worry,
I am Pure Consciousness.
I am not Shame,
I am the Pure Consciousness,
Blissful, Immortal, beyond Time and Space.

Self-Observation
-------------------
Whenever you have free time you should try to relax and remain in Pure Consciousness. Affirming often “I am Pure Consciousness” will be helpful. When you observe some mental activity, try to classify it. Suppose there was a fearful thought, recognize it and then affirm “I am not that Fear, I am Pure Consciousness”. After that, the fear will not arise again in your mind. Emotions first arise in the Sub-Conscious mind and then surface to your Conscious mind. When you have made such an affirmation, the fear is identified, labeled, disregarded and redirected to Pure Consciousness. So in future when the fear tries to arise, you are pushed into Pure Consciousness. Using Self-Observation and affirmation you can wire all your frequently haunting memories to Pure Consciousness and soon find no need for Self-Observation or affirmation and you are at ease in Pure Consciousness whenever you don’t have a need to use your mind.