• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yom Hatzmout

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Yom Hatzmout - Israeli Independence Day

Celebrating 59 years of a Jewish state existing in Eretz Yisrael, Eretz HaKodesh, and a return home after 2000 (and for some more) years of exile against impossible odds.

Chag Samaeach!:D

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Chag Samaeach! <----what's that mean?

Congrats to Israel for it's freedom to have a land! :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Chag Samaeach! <----what's that mean?

Congrats to Israel for it's freedom to have a land! :)

it's like "happy holiday"...sorta...it's hard for me to transliterate it...especially after nearly 4 months of reading and writing primarily in hebrew
for those who read hebrew
&#1495;&#1490; &#1513;&#1502;&#1495;

Yom HaTzmout is insane here....i can here the bands and the fireworks from all Tel Aviv, Petach Tikvah and Lod from my room

i was part of a big ceremony to honor those who died in the IDF over the past 59 years...Memorial day here is the day before Independence day and it's a very serious and sad day for this country...everyone knows someone who either died fighting in a war or as a result of terror attacks

but to stand and here "HaTikvah" as the Israeli flag is being raised in a big crowd...for me anyways...it was very moving.