• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another noob

shaft

Hi
One of my life long missions is to disentangle human nonsense from common sense. 'An impossible task' I hear you cry and you are right, but hey, it keeps me occupied!
There is nothing that doesn't become tainted by humans even after a short time and religion is no exception, or more accurately I should say that religion has become 'exceptionally' tainted. Unfortunately we are now left with a rather confused, muddy morass of varying opinions on what is supposed to be an eternal truth. Something has clearly gone wrong somewhere and it doesnt take a genious to work out that we are the cause. Humans are soooo good at messing things up. As a christian I have always shyed away from debate. Always gets too heated. But now I feel I am straight with god and straight with what I believe to be true so I am going to give it a go.
Excuse my views if you find them unorthodox but I believe that todays christianity isn't what Jesus had in mind.
I look forward to reading what you guys and girls have to say.

Shaft

robtex

Veteran Member
shaft said:
Hi
I believe that todays christianity isn't what Jesus had in mind.
Shaft
Great to meet you. You should start a thread on what "jesus had in mind"

Mike182

Flaming Queer
welcome

glad to have you on board

its ok, ive got some unorthodox views awell

hope to get to hear some of them

C_P

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Shaft. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Shaft,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have some interesting ideas, and I look forwards to seeing them on the forum.

Hope you like it here!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hi shaft, welcome.

You will find we all have our own views about things. especially those of us from the UK, have a some what social slant on many things.

Terry

martha

So good to have you here. Post away luv, post away!

Looking forward to hear what you think.

BTW, I am a Catholic Christian with unorthodox views. I would like to hear your take on life and the Lord.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Martha

Aqualung

Tasty
shaft said:
Hi
One of my life long missions is to disentangle human nonsense from common sense. 'An impossible task' I hear you cry and you are right, but hey, it keeps me occupied!
hehehe. that's what I like to do, too. but it never seems to work... :D

There is nothing that doesn't become tainted by humans even after a short time and religion is no exception, or more accurately I should say that religion has become 'exceptionally' tainted. Unfortunately we are now left with a rather confused, muddy morass of varying opinions on what is supposed to be an eternal truth. Something has clearly gone wrong somewhere and it doesnt take a genious to work out that we are the cause. Humans are soooo good at messing things up.
yep, they are pretty good at it.

As a christian I have always shyed away from debate. Always gets too heated. But now I feel I am straight with god and straight with what I believe to be true so I am going to give it a go.
Excuse my views if you find them unorthodox but I believe that todays christianity isn't what Jesus had in mind.
I look forward to reading what you guys and girls have to say.
don't worry about unorthodox. we have a pretty wide range of people, I don't think people will mind.

Hope you like it here!