• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes, I really am...

Squirt

LDS.

When I started posting back in January, I thought I'd just present myself as a Christian -- which I also am. I didn't know how many LDS people were posting on this forum and I didn't know how well they were received. I've decided that it's time to stand up and be who I am.

Ann (Squirt)

Squirt

Ormiston said:
Were you embarrassed? Or worried about being ostricized? I say, good for you!
I was not embarrassed in the slightest. I didn't really know whether I'd be ostracized or not. There are some pretty vicious forums out there. Mostly, I think I just wondered how my point of view would be perceived if people didn't have a label to attach to me. I wanted to be able to present my beliefs without putting myself into a position of having people think, "Oh, well that's the LDS perspective. I can dismiss that without even giving it any serious consideration." Now, having "come out" ;) , I can join the other LDS posters a bit more comfortably. I apologize for having "deceived" anyone. Hopefully, people will understand.

Ormiston

Squirt said:
I was not embarrassed in the slightest. I didn't really know whether I'd be ostracized or not. There are some pretty vicious forums out there. Mostly, I think I just wondered how my point of view would be perceived if people didn't have a label to attach to me. I wanted to be able to present my beliefs without putting myself into a position of having people think, "Oh, well that's the LDS perspective. I can dismiss that without even giving it any serious consideration." Now, having "come out" ;) , I can join the other LDS posters a bit more comfortably. I apologize for having "deceived" anyone. Hopefully, people will understand.
Well, I couldn't imagine a better reason. You Christians all look the same to me though! :)

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I've always seen the LDS as Christianity, just as I see Orthodoxy and Catholocism as such. (most of the christians i know dont view catholics, orthodox, or LDS as christians)
I say, if you're all following Christ, doesnt matter how you do it, just that you DO do it. (i said do-do *giggles)
I wonder why people have to specify LDS if they're Christian

Squirt

Buttons* said:
I've always seen the LDS as Christianity, just as I see Orthodoxy and Catholocism as such. (most of the christians i know dont view catholics, orthodox, or LDS as christians)
Thank you, Buttons. I really appreciate that.

I wonder why people have to specify LDS if they're Christian
People love pointing out the differences between LDS Christianity and "traditional" Christianity. Most of us don't particularly want to be known as being part of the mainstream Christian tradition. So we intentionally distance ourselves from those doctrines we don't agree with. On the other hand, we do want to be known as "followers of Christ." Non-Christians may not realize how hurtful it is to be constantly told that we're not "the real thing." But Christians know, and when they say that, it's generally an intentional slap in the face.

Squirt

FeathersinHair said:
I'm sorry- I guess I've never seen LDS members and anything other than Christian.
That's sweet, Feathers, but that's because you're not a Christian. If you were a Christian, you'd probably be a lot less "Christ-like." ;)