• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Years

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hello Pegg,

I am aware of that, you have already posted some paragraphs from that book :)
i got the book end of December, i'm reading through it, but for me it's not enough because there are many important issues (for me) are mentioned in the book as footnotes or as tiny notes, like for instance the chart of ages or the pyramid or the years which we have been discussing, so i need in addition to read many other books/magazines/articles in a way to get the complete concept or idea of the issue which is mentioned briefly in the book.

right now i'm reading chapter 15, even though the process is slow, but satisfying because i cover many things while reading the book. i would say it is a nice, very informative, sometimes very intensive book.

unfortunately i couldn't find the other history book published earlier, called: Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose (1959)
it seems that it is out of print, but i wonder if, by chance, you have that book, i'm curious to know what that books cover?

Thank you again :)

I've never read that book so i dont know what it contains, but the couple you know may be able to get you a hardcopy

in the meantime i will have a look in our congregations library and see if there is a copy there...i'll let you know if i find one

Marco19

Researcher
I've never read that book so i dont know what it contains, but the couple you know may be able to get you a hardcopy

in the meantime i will have a look in our congregations library and see if there is a copy there...i'll let you know if i find one

i have already asked the couple long time ago, they don't have it, but that's good idea, i'll have a look here, they might have it in the Kingdom hall library... i should check there too.

Thank You :)

Marco19

Researcher
It may not be important, but i think it is an essential point, and nice that the WT is answering this question even today. (WT January 2013)

Jehovah’s Witnesses have had wrong expectations about when the end would come.

We agree with the sentiment of longtime Witness A. H. Macmillan, who said: “I learned that we should admit our mistakes and continue searching God’s Word for more enlightenment.”

Likewise, we have had some wrong expectations about the end. But we are more concerned with obeying Jesus and saving lives than with avoiding criticism.

We believe that even more important than focusing on when the end will come, we must be confident that it will come, and we must act accordingly. We take seriously the words of Habakkuk 2:3, which says: “Even if [the end] should delay [compared to what you thought], keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.”

for more details and reading the full article check the link below:
The End of the World??Fear, Fascination, and Frustration