• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yajurveda chapter 40 (Isha Upanishad)

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Yajurveda Chapter 40 is also called Isha Upanishad. I have tried my best to translate it in English. However I think it still contain some grammar mistakes.
SO here it is----

O human, from prakriti to earth and whole Universe god is present. It is almighty and source of pleasure. So through devotion on lord, enjoy the world without attachment and don’t desire for that which is not your. (Yajurveda 40/1)
O Humans, only by performing noble and selfless deeds one should wish to live for hundred years. As you are involved in noble deeds, your mind will be purified and you will be no more attracted towards evil. This results in the increment in your knowledge, age and other good qualities. (Yajurveda 40/2)

Those people who are covered by the darkness of ignorance and those who acts against their inner voice, they are involved in wrong deeds. This results in darkness and sufferings in both before and afterlife. (Yajurveda 40/3)

O learned humans; Brahma is one and is unchangeable. It is beyond your imaginations and is present in your hearts. Ignorant people and the senses cannot realize it. It is stable and omnipresent. Only learned sages attain that Brahma. (Yajurveda 40/4)

Brahma moves, only fool people believe so. It never moves and none can make it move. It is far away from sinners, ignoramus people and close to learned persons (sages). That Brahma dwells within every creature. It is present outside and inside of these visible and invisible worlds. (Yajurveda 40/5)

Those learned people who experience the Brahma within every lifeless and living entity through knowledge, Dharma and yoga. Such person sees the lord within every living entity and considering every soul similar to their own soul, they never hurt others. (Yajurveda 40/6)

The enlightened person considers soul of every creature similar to its own. These enlightened personalities know the oneness of the Brahma through yoga, science and knowledge. They are never affected by sufferings. (Yajurveda 40/7)

O humans, the Brahma is almighty and free from the body. It is free from distortions and cannot be broken in pieces. It is free from veins. It is pure, sinless, omnipresent, omniscient, knows the nature of every creature, trample the sinners, source of pleasure. It has no parents and it never born or grows or dies. That Brahma which is beginning less gives the knowledge to its creation through Vedas. Adore it. (Yajurveda 40/8)

Those people who pray prakriti which is lifeless and not the Brahma which is unborn. They enter into darkness. And those who consider one that is formed by prakriti as their cause they enter in more darkness. (Yajurveda 40/9)

Verily, it is said, that which comes by the Knowledge is different than that which comes by the Ignorance. This is the knowledge we received from the wise and they revealed that for us. (Yajurveda 40/10)

The learned person knows properties, behavior and nature of the Universe and prakriti. That person goes beyond the sorrow and fear of detachment of soul from body and hence use his senses for the welfare of society and dharma. Such person attains mokesh. (Yajurveda 40/11)

Those people who believes transitory as constant, unholy as holy, sorrow as pleasure, body as soul. They are ignorant. Hence due to ignorance they pray lifeless objects and not the god. They enter into darkness. And those who believe themselves learned by learning words with their meanings but are involved in wrong deeds; they definitely enter into much more darkness than former. (Yajurveda 40/12)

The work that is taken from sambhooti (consciousness) cannot be taken Asambhoot(lifeless) while the work that is taken from asambhooti cannot be taken from sambhooti. This knowledge we received from wise and they revealed it for us. (Yajurveda 40/13)

The wise knows both soul and prakriti by their nature and use them. He/ she by performing the noble deeds through material body do not sorrow and fear from the death. And hence through its purity of soul and knowledge finally attains the undestructible god. (Yajurveda 40/14)

O men, at the time of death remember OM, the name of god. Think about the god and yourself, think about the deeds you performed in your entire life. The vayu takes the soul. And remember that the body is mortal and will be finally destroyed. (Yajurveda 40/15)

O Agni, we adore you. Keep the sinners away from us. Take us away from path of destruction to the path of dharma so that we can enjoy through science, knowledge and wealth. (Yajurveda 40/16)

O humans, I (god) am same everywhere. I do not change. I am the protector of the world. I am OM. (Yajurveda 40/17)
:D

Satyamavejayanti

Nice work, So much knowledge in just one chapter, i will have to visit the Yajur again, only had 2 reads of it.

It probably is the easy one of the 4 samhita to read and complete. Im only recently beginning to revisit the Rik (RigVed), Im on the first Mandala and first sukta, and only 2 weeks ago i kinda figured out what the first mantra is conveying. Today i shall delve on the second Mantra and so on.

Keep up the search friend, and keep reading. and dont forget the bhakti, im finding it fills in the gaps.

May Ishwar light your way.

OHM TATH SATH

Gurtej

So does this say not to worship the lifeless ( stone idols , pictures etc)...
Also the brahma is free from form, veins etc so guess it can't be human right?

Satyamavejayanti

Gurtej;3203564]So does this say not to worship the lifeless ( stone idols , pictures etc)...

Not quite, it just advises that know the Brahma within the murti (prakriti), the murti is not to be worship, but the brahma that pervades it is to be realized with the knowledge of both the prakriti (Murti) and Brahma, the creator is to be understood by its creation.

This is what i gather from Mantra 9 to 14

Also the brahma is free from form, veins etc so guess it can't be human right?

Brahma is consciousness, which pervades even our body.