• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yaaay, I did it!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I've been trying to for so long, and I finally made a paper crane! :jiggy: :bounce :jam:

It's small and pathetic and crumpled, but I did it!

Pictureb.jpg

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jensa said:
I've been trying to for so long, and I finally made a paper crane! :jiggy: :bounce :jam:

Its not small, or pathetic - and I wish I could do origami - Well done! - are you aprticularly keen on learning how to use paper like this ?:)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I stink at origami in general... it took me forever to understand how to do just that. :D I enjoy it, but I'm not really good at it. The only other "origami" I can do is paper airplanes...

Pah

Uber all member
Jensa said:
It looks big of heart, proudly graceful, and freshly made. Quite unlike my attempt
crumpled.paper.gif

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Pah said:
It looks big of heart, proudly graceful, and freshly made. Quite unlike my attempt
crumpled.paper.gif
Wow Pah! That's fantastic! there's message in that work of yours! I see rebellion, confusion, chaos - that is some fine piece of post-modernismn- in the style of Lucius the unready, If I am not mistaken; hope you have it insured!:biglaugh:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I spent an entire 90 minute school period once tring to make one of those for this one girls who had little knowlege in paper folding. After many tries, several pieces of paper, and a finger cramp, I finally came up with something that looked about right. Actually, Jensa's looks alot better than mine did. It is alot harder than it looks.

Fluffy

A fool
We had a lesson (end of term ya see) in design technology on how to fold different kinds of origami. Typically, everyone side stepped the crane and went straight for the paper aeroplanes. I don't think the lesson was repeated with subsequent years.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Pah said:
It looks big of heart, proudly graceful, and freshly made. Quite unlike my attempt...
:biglaugh: Methinks this is how my effort would turn out as well.

Nicely done Jensa.
biggthumpup.gif
I tried one once, and after an hour and a bunch of paper, I decided to leave it to the experts.:p

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Jensa, I think your crane is FANF***INGTABULOUS!!!! I have often thought of introducing my son to origami cause he loves to make paper airplanes. You have just reminded me that I should follow through with that thought. :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jamaesi said:
Oh how I love origami.
I suppose it is a bit like when 'posh' hotels fold up serviettes on side plates. I can't do that either.:biglaugh:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*falls over, laughing* I love it, NetDoc!

I went through a phase in high school. You know how some people get addicted to drugs? I got addicted to folding cranes. It was so bad that people began trying to hide paper from me.

Great work, Jensa! Just don't tempt me into old vices!

Aqualung

Tasty
Hey, nice job. I could never do something like that, though I've definitely tried. (Of course my brother can look at an oragami direction for about 2 seconds and then in 2 more seconds fold a perfect copy. Grrr. How unfair can life be?)

The Black Whirlwind

i remember how in 7th grade (last year) we were doing various projects on japan, and someone did something on origami, along with letting you make an origami crane. it took two attempts in two days for the class to do it, but it was worth it, seeing the little cranes we had made.