• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wounded British Soldier Refused Lodging At UK Hotel

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But he was a soldier, zenzero -- a professional mass murderer, a man who's abdicated moral responsibility for his acts and passed it on to some nebulous command structure.

It's hard for me to find sympathy for such a miscreant.

kai

ragamuffin
But he was a soldier, zenzero -- a professional mass murderer, a man who's abdicated moral responsibility for his acts and passed it on to some nebulous command structure.

It's hard for me to find sympathy for such a miscreant.

a mass murderer? let me have the details, i will pass it on to the relevent authorities and we will soon have this miscreant in custody, by jove

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you think the purpose of the military is, kai? Are you not fimiliar with the tactics it uses?
It its an anti-human, anti-Christian organization.

Last edited by a moderator:

kai

ragamuffin
What do you think the purpose of the military is, kai? Are you not fimiliar with the tactics it uses?
There is certainly nothing Christian about it!

certainly Seyorni i was a soldier for 15 years, and i am not a christian, so let me have the details of this mass murder and i will have this joker behind bars before you can say Holy christain soldier , will you be available to testify?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Clever, kai. But you see my point. This man has singed on as a worker in an organization whose purpose is killing people and destroying things.

Weather he, personally, has killed is not the point. He has agreed to kill whomever he is told to kill, to just to kill randomly. If not directly involved in killing he supports and makes possible the act among those that do.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Would you say those who fought in the revolutionary war for U.S. independence were mass murderers? Or those that liberated the concentration camps of WW2?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That was their function, yes. Just because an organization is fundamentally immoral does not mean that every one of it's actions are evil. The Air Force fire-bombs Dresden, the Air Force air lifts food to embargoed Berlin.
The point is, a soldier abdicates individual responsibility for his actions. He follows orders. He is an unjudgemental tool of an organization who's work is to mete out death and destruction.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Ok, if any hotel refused anyone based on their being a soldier is (to me) the same as refusing a person because they are a doctor, or a welder, or a prostitute!

And while I am rather confused as to why soldiers get treated like some sort of royalty, only because they've been injured while out in some other country, killing people, more so than a doctor who's just saved a few hundred lives or a welder who's helped build something like a homeless person's shelter, or a prostitute who's working hard to get her children into school, clothed and fed. THAT is a concept beyond me.

Having said that, however. I am not in agreement with the hotels policy of refusing soldiers. I am not in agreement with a hotel's policy of refusing anyone, in fact (unless of course, you cannot afford it :p). However, I also don't feel it should be such a big deal!! I've had broken limbs and had to sleep on floors before!! At the time, I really wouldn't have minded something soft like the seat of a car beneath me!!! Would it have been such a big deal, were they unable to actually fit him anywhere, the rooms all taken?

Ok, it happened, so get over it. Ok, so what if he's a soldier? There are many more jobs that should be held with much higher honour than that.

Makaveli

Homoioi
It's rather despicable that they would refuse service to a man that served his country, but business has a right to refuse service to anyone, and if that's their policy then it should be respected.

kai

ragamuffin
Clever, kai. But you see my point. This man has singed on as a worker in an organization whose purpose is killing people and destroying things.

Weather he, personally, has killed is not the point. He has agreed to kill whomever he is told to kill, to just to kill randomly. If not directly involved in killing he supports and makes possible the act among those that do.

as do the electorate, the government ,armed police, etc ,etc then our whole country all the tax payers all the soldiers supporting families . but thats how it is , and refuse a soldier a room for the night because he is a soldier, is not on. maybe one day we can all live in love and hold hands and sing songs, until then we need soldiers.

kai

ragamuffin
That was their function, yes. Just because an organization is fundamentally immoral does not mean that every one of it's actions are evil. The Air Force fire-bombs Dresden, the Air Force air lifts food to embargoed Berlin.
The point is, a soldier abdicates individual responsibility for his actions. He follows orders. He is an unjudgemental tool of an organization who's work is to mete out death and destruction.

and so----he doesnt get a room, got you

kai

ragamuffin
It's rather despicable that they would refuse service to a man that served his country, but business has a right to refuse service to anyone, and if that's their policy then it should be respected.

they are not entitled to refuse just anyone, we have anti discrimnation laws here, what if the receptionist didnt like firemen or was scared of a clown as a child, what if he/she didnt like black people or Arabs, Jews or sailors. they have apologised and said it was a mistake so alls well that ends well.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Getting back to the original train of this post, It seems the hotel had had some trouble with hooliganism from some of the soldiers from the nearby military base. The desk clerk no doubt knew the manager was leery of further trouble from military personnel. To what extent clerk's decision was her own or reflected a hotel policy isn't clear.

To what extent may a hotel refuse service to a known hooligan or a member of a group with a history of misbehavior?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
" A personal letter received by Mr Williams, MP for Caernarfon, went further, saying that the hotel had recently experienced “some rather serious incidents” involving soldiers from the nearby barracks."

kai

ragamuffin
" A personal letter received by Mr Williams, MP for Caernarfon, went further, saying that the hotel had recently experienced “some rather serious incidents” involving soldiers from the nearby barracks."

no doubt the drink was in ,and the wits were out, been there got the Tshirt. probably the royal Marines they cant hold their drink.LOL