• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would the church cancel servus for -13 degrees

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
PHOTOTAKER said:
would the bishops or stake president cancel church for really cold weather like -13 degress?
I guess it would depend on where this was. In Salt Lake, I doubt they would.

PHOTOTAKER

i'm in wisconsin... i'm used to califonia weather its the first time its reached this low in sevreal years...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
PHOTOTAKER said:
i'm in wisconsin... i'm used to califonia weather its the first time its reached this low in sevreal years...
My sincere condolences! I couldn't handle that.

PHOTOTAKER

Katzpur said:
My sincere condolences! I couldn't handle that.

its not too bad untel i went out to take th garbage out earlyer tonight, and found that about less than two minits my noise felt like it was about to fall off, and my ears like popsicals... -6 at the time... i found that out when i came in...

jonny

They've cancelled church for a lot less than that in Washington. If it starts to snow they tell everyone to go home.

Booko

Deviled Hen
PHOTOTAKER said:

Ooh, you must be freezing over there. I spoke to Mom in Michigan. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 2F, with snow. She's wondering if she should go to church, because she's afraid the salt won't melt ice at that temperature (true) and she can't afford to risk a fall.

I don't know about LDS churches, but I do recall one time when her (Calvinist) church was cancelled because of extremely cold weather. . Basically they couldn't afford to heat the building sufficiently. That was when it was -20F though.

Well, I'm in the wrong forum really, but -- stay warm!

Booko

Deviled Hen
PHOTOTAKER said:
its not too bad untel i went out to take th garbage out earlyer tonight, and found that about less than two minits my noise felt like it was about to fall off, and my ears like popsicals... -6 at the time... i found that out when i came in...

Uh, Phototaker -- anytime it gets 10 or below -- wear a scarf. Even to take out the trash.

I grew up in this kind of weather. Single digits and below is not the kind of weather you "just run out to the mailbox" in. :eek:

PHOTOTAKER

this kinda snuck up on me... i knew it was going to get really cold but this man is rediculis... the frist thing i am going to do in the morning is stick my head out side and spit if it freezes before it hits the ground i'm staying home... lol... the high were i live is going to be -1...

PHOTOTAKER

i guess the neenha ward was canceled today... i don't know about the rest... but the branch that i attend had meetings... but it was cold... and it wasn't cold enuff to freeze spit before it hits the ground :( but i had church :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I don't think the temperature matters... it is a question about, if the roads are open or not.

There is no such thing as the wrong temperature , jut the wrong clothes.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Terrywoodenpic said:
I don't think the temperature matters... it is a question about, if the roads are open or not.

There is no such thing as the wrong temperature , jut the wrong clothes.

When it gets to be -30/-40, and you can catch frostbite, there is the wrong temperature. Even if you are all bundled up. :yes: And if you don't have a car....and.....yeah, that's a whole 'nother can of worms. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
PHOTOTAKER said:
i guess the neenha ward was canceled today... i don't know about the rest... but the branch that i attend had meetings... but it was cold... and it wasn't cold enuff to freeze spit before it hits the ground :( but i had church :)

My Mum's church was canceled, but they had whiteout conditions, so it wasn't just the cold.