• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would any Creationist or any Religious Fellow wish to Have a Debate with Me?

Animore

The title explains it quite nicely. I am open to debate with any religious individual on any topic of choice. If one wishes, rules and stipulations can be made. If anyone would like to participate in such a debate, please either reply or PM me.

Animore

The title explains it quite nicely. I am open to debate with any religious individual on any topic of choice. If one wishes, rules and stipulations can be made. If anyone would like to participate in such a debate, please either reply or PM me.

Just realized the post kind of sounded ridiculous wording-wise.

Oh well.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Debate requires you to be knowledgable about something. What are you knowledgeable about that you would like to debate? What is something you are read up on?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
It depends on what you disagree on in the area of secularism, besides the obvious.
Lets debate about whether its OK for secular parents to teach their kids that dead people go to heaven, assuming the parents do not believe it themselves -- in other words teaching their kids something they do not believe. You take the "Yes it is OK you gentle loving parents" side. I'll take the "No it is not you irresponsible parents teaching falsehoods" side.

Animore

Lets debate about whether its OK for secular parents to teach their kids that dead people go to heaven, assuming the parents do not believe it themselves -- in other words teaching their kids something they do not believe. You take the "Yes it is OK you gentle loving parents" side. I'll take the "No it is not you irresponsible parents teaching falsehoods" side.

Well, yeah, that seems like an interesting topic of discussion. I must give a sort-of disclaimer. Politics and other societal affairs are not my area of expertise. If I make a fallacy, please let me down easy.

Where do you wish to debate? PM? A new thread?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, yeah, that seems like an interesting topic of discussion. I must give a sort-of disclaimer. Politics and other societal affairs are not my area of expertise. If I make a fallacy, please let me down easy.
They are not my area of expertise either.

Where do you wish to debate? PM? A new thread?
Your choice, or we can do it here.

IndigoStorm

As an atheist I did not force my children to attend Sunday School or church. I allowed them to be taught religious instruction at school so that they could make up their own minds,

Today my son is an atheist and my daughter a christian.

Animore

As an atheist I did not force my children to attend Sunday School or church. I allowed them to be taught religious instruction at school so that they could make up their own minds,

Today my son is an atheist and my daughter a christian.

I did not agree to the terms in concrete ways.

IndigoStorm

I did not agree to the terms in concrete ways.

Oh dear! Sorry I invaded your space. Terms indeed.

You ever watch that Paul Newman movie where he told the big guy who wanted to fight him: "First we gotta make the rules."

Rule number one was a kick in the crotch!!

Animore

Oh dear! Sorry I invaded your space. Terms indeed.

You ever watch that Paul Newman movie where he told the big guy who wanted to fight him: "First we gotta make the rules."

Rule number one was a kick in the crotch!!

Why the hell did you sense hostility in this? I stated that I did not agree to the terms purely because I felt it was good for people to shove a religion down one's throat. I had another reason for accepting the terms. Jesus Christ, say one thing and everyone loses their minds.

IndigoStorm

Oooooh we are touchy! The kick in the nuts thing was simply a euphemism. I wanted to debate with you... but agreeing to terms? I don't wanna have a duel with you friend ... so what do we need terms for?

You say X and I say Y ... what else do we need?