• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Religions 101

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Similar courses here at he local university do field trips to local houses of God. Several times I've hosted a group. It's often refreshing to see it all again from fresh eyes.

Maya3

Though this is a great and well natured idea, I can see it going wrong horrible horribly wrong. There a lot of people of many faiths in the class but the main populations is (unsurprisingly) Christian. It is one of the core tenets of Christians to not pray to idols, or to be another God before THE God (not saying I agree just trying to be respectful). I can only imagine how that would go.

Maybe if I gave them a choice?

Wow, that is true. Didn't even think of that.
Yes choice would probably be good.

Maya

Kalidas, you got a great opportunity to give presentation about Kali Maa and puja. My suggestion is that you should explain as you said "Feeling she is the most misunderstood and misrepresented of the deities". So that if there is any confusion even in the audience's minds about Kali Maa then you can try removing that. You can also give little details about what puja means to practitioner. So prepare well.. :)

Jai Shree Krishna.

1. Even if someone is the most sinful of all sinners, he can also cross the ocean of sins by situating in the boat of transcendental knowledge. (Bhagwad Gita - 4.36)

2. Truly there is in this world nothing so purifying as transcendental knowledge.-(Bhagwad Gita [4.38])

3. As the blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire of transcendental knowledge burn to ashes all activities for the material desire.(Bhagwad Gita - 4.37)

4. But the man who is without knowledge, who is ignorant, who is faithless and of a doubting nature perishes. For him there is neither this world, nor next, nor happiness either. -(Bhagwad Gita [4.40])

5. Therefore the doubts which have arisen in your heart out of ignorance should be slashed by the sword of transcendental knowledge and taking shelter in Yog, stand up, O Bharat.-(Bhagwad Gita [4.42]

Last edited: