• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Parliament of Religions to be held!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend biomystic,

Where did you learn the idea that religion is an individual's search towards the *self* except from your organized religion's texts? What happens if a person is raised in an American fundamentalist household and never see a Vedic text? You think the idea of religion being an individuals search for self would be that person's natural idea about the meaning of religion? I don't think so. And I think the old religious texts have a stranglehold on people's mentality disallowing them to really think in ways outside of their religious traditions.

Sorry the understanding is totally of the individual and no contribution of any religious texts. Kindly also understand that scriptures are only like confirming the path already taken; if others too have followed similar paths.
Am not attached with any organised religion except that the family born in normally follow the sanatan dharma traditions. You would also note that quotations are only quoted in posts to drive home a point made from own understanding and not otherwise.

Organised religions have nothing for the individual here who is already on the way as a BEING which itself means a process which is never ending. Pointers of past enlightened masters are always taken into account to validate own findings.

Love & rgds

biomystic

Friend biomystic,

Sorry the understanding is totally of the individual and no contribution of any religious texts. Kindly also understand that scriptures are only like confirming the path already taken; if others too have followed similar paths.
Am not attached with any organised religion except that the family born in normally follow the sanatan dharma traditions. You would also note that quotations are only quoted in posts to drive home a point made from own understanding and not otherwise.

Organised religions have nothing for the individual here who is already on the way as a BEING which itself means a process which is never ending. Pointers of past enlightened masters are always taken into account to validate own findings.

Love & rgds

Are you sure? From my perspective, I'm wondering if you would ever have "naturally" entertained the Abrahamic religious point of view rather than your theology reflecting the Eastern religious tradition of seeking self-enlightenment. The same for me although for some reason that while God has consistently directed me towards discovering the fatal flaws within major religions and atheism, God seems to not have any substantial beef with Hinduism, something I have yet to understand exactly why. I mean I personally could think of several Hindu notions that aren't good for Indian or any society, such as the sacredness of cattle when so many people are starving (India has more cattle per population than any place on earth) and also the caste system. But if Abraham is going to fall and leave Abrahamic religionists high and dry then I guess Abrahamics will be forced back to square one, i.e., how did Brahma worship get so radically transposed between India and Palestine? And also what is the relationship between the sun gods, Brahma for Indians and Suriyah for Iranians? Did you know those Suriyah/Asura names extend all the way to Egypt with Asar/Asir or the more familiar Osiris being one of them? What is Osiris relationship with Brahma? Or Jesus Christ for that matter? The New Testament story of the resurrection of Lazarus at Bethany is the Hebrewization of the resurrection mythology of EL Osiris at the House(Beth in Hebrew) at Annu. So is Eleazer another variant.
And those original pyramid coverings of Cheops were gleaming white stones making them look like snow covered mountains in the desert--a miracle. Snow covering, the whiteness of religious costumes in so many religious traditions, could it be the Himalayas being closest to heaven produced this universally spreading spiritual knowledge? I don't know.

I do agree with you fully though about scriptures being guidelines at best with each of us needing to follow where the Spirit leads us and not the letter of the laws of scripture.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend biomystic,
Having studied at a catholic missionary school had Bible History as a subject and always scored high marks as loved the story of Jesus very much.
Yes the understanding of the karma principle grew with the thirst of merging but am always open to every religion which is as mentioned but another way by a master.
Yes, am not into history of various religions as they are nothing but finally a search by Humans on earth at any place on the globe is circumstantial and does not bear much importance towards the goal of individual's merging which he has to step into to get over the cycle of birth and death.

Love & rgds

biomystic

Friend biomystic,
Having studied at a catholic missionary school had Bible History as a subject and always scored high marks as loved the story of Jesus very much.
Yes the understanding of the karma principle grew with the thirst of merging but am always open to every religion which is as mentioned but another way by a master.
Yes, am not into history of various religions as they are nothing but finally a search by Humans on earth at any place on the globe is circumstantial and does not bear much importance towards the goal of individual's merging which he has to step into to get over the cycle of birth and death.

Love & rgds

Then you missed one of the most important spiritual concepts of Jesus which is there are no "masters" except God. When you follow a "master", rabbi, guru, whatever, you follow someone else's spiritual path which can never be authentically your own. It is best to wait for authentic contact with God on your own than to learn another man's pathway.

"Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father, who is in heaven."
Mt. 16:17

"And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ."
Mt.23: 10

What have the thousands of those called Master ever given to humanity to compare with the teachings of Jesus Christ, teachings from a living Spirit?