• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Words you never want to hear . . .

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I went to church with my friend Wednesday Night, and the sermon was on the book of Nahum. This is a very small book of the bible, and I had never studied it. But it's about the Assyrians and the fall of a great empire.

I didn't care for the way that the preacher kept using this story and pointing his fingers at the Iraqies. (the story takes place in what is now N. Iraq. and the city has been found and excavated). But I thought it was very wrong of the preacher to point out that the Iraqies have resorted to such violence, and supporting our choice to go to war. The pot calling the kettle black, if you ask me. But the thing that caught my attention is when God says, 'I am against you.'

It's one thing to question the existance of God, or your relationship with God, but could you imagine if God came to you and said "I am against you". That would be quite a trip up poo-poo creek without a paddle.

A

angellous_evangellous

Well I'm confizzeled.

If I were you, I'd look for a church that didn't mess around with the politics of war.:areyoucra

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Or politics at all.

How the US administration could say "God was against Iraq" is beyond me.

Super Universe

Defender of God
The Old Testament should not be a part of the bible. It's from the perspective of a group of people that felt they were chosen over others.

When revelation came that the universe was created for them they defined it as "It's for us and no one else!"

God meant that it's for all life. He created the universe for all life to live, grow, and expand, not just for one small group of human beings that could never hope to explore even 1% of it.

How can anyone believe that God would choose one group of humans over another?

The Creator of the universe, the Creator of all life would set one over another?

Then, when God sends His Son to guide us they disavow Him as well because He did not assume a leadership position in their religion. He came for all mankind, not just this one small group.

It stems from pure human selfishness.

onmybelief

angellous_evangellous said:
Well I'm confizzeled.

If I were you, I'd look for a church that didn't mess around with the politics of war.:areyoucra

Thank you Angellous.

Church is supposed to be a place of worship and praise of God. Politics in my view has no place in a worship service. It just brings up too much emotions. To put it into better words: Church is a calm place not a place to get all bent out of shape.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The danger (as I see it, in The States), where Politics and Religion go hand in hand, is that politicians will use religion to make their point, and the Church will use politics to make their point.

The two should not be mixed.

ladyhawke

Politicians will use God to make their points...the Church will use politics to make ITS point,its a crazy mixed up world ,listen to your own heart and find your own beliefs, along the way try to do no harm or as little as possible as we are all human and make mistakes...do not judge others, can you withstand the judgement of your own mirror.

joeboonda

Super Universe said:
The Old Testament should not be a part of the bible. It's from the perspective of a group of people that felt they were chosen over others.

When revelation came that the universe was created for them they defined it as "It's for us and no one else!"

God meant that it's for all life. He created the universe for all life to live, grow, and expand, not just for one small group of human beings that could never hope to explore even 1% of it.

The Creator of the universe, the Creator of all life would set one over another?

Then, when God sends His Son to guide us they disavow Him as well because He did not assume a leadership position in their religion. He came for all mankind, not just this one small group.

This is off the topic a bit. God chose Israel, not because they deserved it, but for them to be the vessel through which salvation could be granted to everyone in the world through Jesus Christ.

Gotta be careful with religion and politics, although we can figure out a few things about the world today from the Bible. God loves all men and wants all men to be saved. God loves the people of Iraq. There is a purpose for everything, I would just ask the Lord to help me understand what I need to so I can live a life pleasing to Him, since he saved me for free and all.

Ody

Super Universe said:

You have reaffirmed me to never take you seriously, congratulations!