• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
My completed offering bowl.

Inside the bowl, our universe (localized by Miðgarðr, and branches of the Milky Way - the Bifröst) is represented. Major constellations are shown and re-named: Þórr (Orion), Freyja's Cart (Ursa Minor) Jörmungandr (Draco), and Þórs Cart (Ursa Major). The Sun - depicted as a Kolovrat or sun-wheel - and the Moon are also shown. Offerings thus filling the bowl begin in our world.

As it began as a yarn bowl, there is the cut opening. From here, liquid offerings pour out and over a bindrune - Fé, Nauðr, Ár; Wealth, Need and Harvest. Þórr, Freyja in her cart, Jörmungandr, and Þórr & Loki in his cart mirror where their constellations are in our world. The Sun and the Moon - pulled by Sunna and Máni - are chased across the cosmos by Sköll and Hati; the wolves that devour them come Ragnarök. Jörmungandr rings the bowl, containing Miðgarðr (our reality), and Níðhöggr circles below, through each of the Eight Worlds that reside outside our reality, gnawing at the roots of the World Tree, Yggdrasil. The outside of the bowl thus represents the Spiritual World, the realms of the gods, and the cradle within which our universe resides.

Beneath all, Fenrir lies bound. Encircled by the Nine Worlds, and then again by the Eight components of Gleipnir - a cat's footfalls, a woman's beard, the roots of a mountain, the sinews of a bear, the breath of a fish, and the spittle of a bird. In his jaws rests a Týr rune, for the hand that was sacrificed by the god of justice.

Last edited:

DanishCrow

Seeking Feeds
Amazing, I feel like an amateur now, LOL

I have never known Orion's Belt to be connected to Thor or lightning, can you expound on that? Here in northern europe, we know it as Frigg's Distaff/Spindle.