• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder why.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thoughts to my self.

Sometimes my mind goes in to a mode where it analyse certain things that i experience in life.
Example today i was thinking about "why do I see so much amazing in Islam (sufism) when others only see hate". Why did I find peace in a way that was not possible before?

Why am I searching for inner peace when others look for a way to hate other people?
Why is it that some religious/spiritual teachings speak more to us then other do?
At evenings i can sit down and look at the day and say, "what did i do today that Allah would not be pleased about" And yes i am very aware that i do things that Allah would not be happy with. I try to note it and think of it.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring...

Nimos

Thoughts to my self.

Sometimes my mind goes in to a mode where it analyse certain things that i experience in life.
Example today i was thinking about "why do I see so much amazing in Islam (sufism) when others only see hate". Why did I find peace in a way that was not possible before?

Why am I searching for inner peace when others look for a way to hate other people?
Why is it that some religious/spiritual teachings speak more to us then other do?
At evenings i can sit down and look at the day and say, "what did i do today that Allah would not be pleased about" And yes i am very aware that i do things that Allah would not be happy with. I try to note it and think of it.

So what answers did you get to your questions from your analysis? Just wondering :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thoughts to my self.

I think some of the views you find are cultural regarding Islam. When our community took in a good amount of Muslim Bosnian refugees, the only information I was given about them(I was 13 at the time)was "Be careful of Muslim men and boys, they think they own their wives". That was it. No information about where these refugees came from, why they were here. Just that. Because when some people in the West see Islam, all they see is the hijab and suppression.

My son had a virtual lesson on Islam recently for his social studies class. That was all they talked about, too. Women and the hijab. Like that's all there is. :rolleyes:

I don't know why some religious teachings speak volumes to some, but don't squeak a whisper to others. I suspect it all comes down to our inner nature... Why some people find one joke funny, and another doesn't. Or why one enjoys a story, but another finds it boring.

Do you remember to include things that Allah would be pleased by in your daily review? Its hard to grow if you can't identify you strengths. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think some of the views you find are cultural regarding Islam. When our community took in a good amount of Muslim Bosnian refugees, the only information I was given about them(I was 13 at the time)was "Be careful of Muslim men and boys, they think they own their wives". That was it. No information about where these refugees came from, why they were here. Just that. Because when some people in the West see Islam, all they see is the hijab and suppression.

My son had a virtual lesson on Islam recently for his social studies class. That was all they talked about, too. Women and the hijab. Like that's all there is. :rolleyes:

I don't know why some religious teachings speak volumes to some, but don't squeak a whisper to others. I suspect it all comes down to our inner nature... Why some people find one joke funny, and another doesn't. Or why one enjoys a story, but another finds it boring.

Do you remember to include things that Allah would be pleased by in your daily review? Its hard to grow if you can't identify you strengths. :)
My day goes by where mostly all is dedicated to the practice in one way or the other. Thinking of Allah and the prophet, study the teaching, prayer, So yes I do much according to the sufi teaching too :)
But all thats going well is not the focus, everything that can be done better, or differently according to the teaching is the focus. :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Try calling yourself Sufi instead of Muslim and I think you'll get a better response -- except among Muslims, that is.
Who doesn't like Sufis?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Try calling yourself Sufi instead of Muslim and I think you'll get a better response -- except among Muslims, that is.
Who doesn't like Sufis?
Thank you @Valjean your words is comfort and yes as a Sufi I am also a muslim, but the word i should use as a Sufi is Murid :) a Murid is a novise(beginner) practitioner of Sufism

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Thank you @Valjean your words is comfort and yes as a Sufi I am also a muslim, but the word i should use as a Sufi is Murid :) a Murid is a novise(beginner) practitioner of Sufism

I think there was a video you posted about Sufi. The practitioners were dancing in white. Do men dance too? Makes wonder if that something you'd take up (if appropriate?)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think there was a video you posted about Sufi. The practitioners were dancing in white. Do men dance too? Makes wonder if that something you'd take up (if appropriate?)
You mean the "funny" video? Some sufi orders do have some form of dance or enjoyment :) In the sufi order i am following there is a very different form of enjoyment. Not sure if you have seen movies about the Ottoman empire, there you would maybe seen a form of dance :) almost like they did in middle ages i would guess. (no alcohol of course :p )

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ask not why people hurt you, ask how can I stop suffering?
I do agree with you on this, but i do not think i spok about feeling suffering in my OP :) At the moment there is a very peaceful time in my mind, and i truly hope others can find there peace in mind too, No matter what path they are on in life :)