• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WMDs found in Iraq!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
This is great news! The war was justified now, right?

BAGHDAD, Aug. 13 -- U.S. troops raiding a warehouse in the northern city of Mosul uncovered a suspected chemical weapons factory containing 1,500 gallons of chemicals believed destined for attacks on U.S. and Iraqi forces and civilians, military officials said Saturday. Monday's early morning raid found 11 precursor agents, "some of them quite dangerous by themselves," a military spokesman, Lt. Col. Steven A. Boylan, said in Baghdad.

Combined, the chemicals would yield an agent capable of "lingering hazards" for those exposed to it, Boylan said. The likely targets would have been "coalition and Iraqi security forces, and Iraqi civilians," partly because the chemicals would be difficult to keep from spreading over a wide area, he said.

Boylan said the suspected lab was new, dating from some time after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. The Bush administration cited evidence that Saddam Hussein's government was manufacturing weapons of mass destruction as the main justification for the invasion. No such weapons or factories were found.
... maybe not.

By Ellen Knickmeyer
Washington Post Foreign Service
Sunday, August 14, 2005; Page A18

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As of last night they had not even determined what the contents were. They just found a bunch of barrels full of something.

Dr. Nosophoros

I thought we were supposed to trip over them, but it seems barely enough to cover a small farm field even if they are cut with water, don't know, this lie has gone on long enough.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I thought we were supposed to trip over them, but it seems barely enough to cover a small farm field even if they are cut with water, don't know, this lie has gone on long enough.
Not to mention that these were AFTER we invaded them.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
It used to be that liberals were the peole you could rely on to stand up for human rights and fight against those that would so agressively target and destroy the innocent. For some reason, that has changed, and I think it is because of who is in office. Are there WMD's in Iraq? Apparently not. Were there? Apparently so. Should it make any difference to the justification to removing a man who killed between 200,000 and 350,000 of his own people during his reign? I'll leave that for you to decide.:banghead3

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How are you coming to the conclusion that liberals aren't standing up for human rights, EEWRED? Standing up for human rights doesn't mean invading every country with an oppressive leader (many of which the US actually installed).

Of course Saddam was a tyrant and had WMDs, after all, the CIA supported him, and we have the receipts for the WMDs. But the UN inspectors had cleared the country of WMDs years ago, as was well known to the CIA.

The Iraqis overwhelmingly agree that things are worse under American occupation than under Saddam. Civilians are being killed at a far greater rate, and everyone, save a few American supported politicians, wants the US out.

This is all the work of the Republicans. How do you blame the liberals for this?

Dr. Nosophoros

Who supported him EEWRED?

Considering that the CIA considered the Baathist coup as one of their "greatest achievements" I would say that support for Saddam was universal at some point.

It seems to me that the only WMD has been and always will be in third world countries the U.S.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Seyorni said:
How are you coming to the conclusion that liberals aren't standing up for human rights, EEWRED? Standing up for human rights doesn't mean invading every country with an oppressive leader (many of which the US actually installed).

Of course Saddam was a tyrant and had WMDs, after all, the CIA supported him, and we have the receipts for the WMDs. But the UN inspectors had cleared the country of WMDs years ago, as was well known to the CIA.

The Iraqis overwhelmingly agree that things are worse under American occupation than under Saddam. Civilians are being killed at a far greater rate, and everyone, save a few American supported politicians, wants the US out.

This is all the work of the Republicans. How do you blame the liberals for this?
Blah, blah, blah. I've come to expect nothing less that a bunch of gobberish from you. Did we install Hussein? No, of course not. Your argument is as faulty as your logic.

The CIA supported him? When, where and how. Not proven, it's a theroy that has been out forth by people as liberal as you. Again, trying to make us look bad for doing something you don't agree with. Get over yourself.

Really, the Iraqis think they are worse off? What study, poll or personal experience are your referring to? I've been there. It's not true. Take a trip, show a poll, site a source, but prove it, don't quote a repetative lie. Oh, and when you do get a poll or source, make sure it is one that can be trusted and not the usual crap that I see on this forum.

I blame Saddam for this. I blame terrorism for what is happening now. Have you read the reports of the mass murders in Fallujah by the insurgents? I blame liberalism and liberal mentality for the ridiculous arguments and their attempts to polarize a country, when what is needed is a unifying attitude to finish the job, stabilize a country, end terrorism and bring our brave men and women home.

EEWRED said:
It used to be that liberals were the peole you could rely on to stand up for human rights and fight against those that would so agressively target and destroy the innocent. For some reason, that has changed, and I think it is because of who is in office. Are there WMD's in Iraq? Apparently not. Were there? Apparently so. Should it make any difference to the justification to removing a man who killed between 200,000 and 350,000 of his own people during his reign? I'll leave that for you to decide.:banghead3

We liberated the people of Iraq from Sadam quite handily; it seems we simply can not figure out how to liberate the people of Iraq from us.

In my opinion... we should never have made the case for Iraq one reliant about terrorism or WMDs. It should have been about liberty and democracy for the Iraqi people from the start... not just shocking and awe-ing.

Dr. Nosophoros

Whatever it takes to get through the day.

But still remember EEWRED, people are bleeding and dying because of your convictions, are you willing to do the same as you commit others to.

Ori

Angel slayer
EEWRED said:
Blah, blah, blah. I've come to expect nothing less that a bunch of gobberish from you. Did we install Hussein? No, of course not. Your argument is as faulty as your logic.

The CIA supported him? When, where and how. Not proven, it's a theroy that has been out forth by people as liberal as you. Again, trying to make us look bad for doing something you don't agree with. Get over yourself.

Really, the Iraqis think they are worse off? What study, poll or personal experience are your referring to? I've been there. It's not true. Take a trip, show a poll, site a source, but prove it, don't quote a repetative lie. Oh, and when you do get a poll or source, make sure it is one that can be trusted and not the usual crap that I see on this forum.

I blame Saddam for this. I blame terrorism for what is happening now. Have you read the reports of the mass murders in Fallujah by the insurgents? I blame liberalism and liberal mentality for the ridiculous arguments and their attempts to polarize a country, when what is needed is a unifying attitude to finish the job, stabilize a country, end terrorism and bring our brave men and women home.

So much for the christian attitude towards love and non judgement, tell me friend, if this is all to end terrorism, what are your fellow christians going to do about North Korea?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Well, since I'm just a stupid liberal, could you please tell me how Iraq is doing /so much/ better now?

And do you think you could use "liberal lies/brainwashing/crap" one more time? I don't think you've said it quite enough for it to be an ad nauseam yet.

Because the war in Iraq has been finishing the job and stabilizing Iraq and ending terrorisim so far?

The troops aren't coming home- more are being sent there.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
(Please remember that we've got some very good examples of the attitude of Christians that exemplfy love on this thread. They shouldn't get singled out because of their religion any more than anyone else. :) )

Ori

Angel slayer
FeathersinHair said:
(Please remember that we've got some very good examples of the attitude of Christians that exemplfy love on this thread. They shouldn't get singled out because of their religion any more than anyone else. :) )
Absoloutely agreed upon Feathers, I was referring more towards Bush and his Bible belt, and the mindwashing of people who have gone to war illegally, all in the name of peace justice and love, love , love.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
orichalcum said:
Absoloutely agreed upon Feathers, I was referring more towards Bush and his Bible belt, and the mindwashing of people who have gone to war illegally, all in the name of peace justice and love, love , love.
My bad, I'm sorry! :eek: I just tend to get over-concerned about these things.

Also, Eewred is usually quite a wonderful individual, who has a great sense of humor and is very gentle. Maybe there's something going on that we don't know about and if there is, I hope I can find a way to help

Dr. Nosophoros

I understand that true Christians abhor violence, yet why do so many support an administration and attitude that supports it? There are many I suppose that are in the middle, those that are not supportive of this insanity, mens laws are not theirs- I would guess that many are being used by the denomination and symbolism as such by those claiming to be.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Dr. Nosophoros said:
Whatever it takes to get through the day.

But still remember EEWRED, people are bleeding and dying because of your convictions, are you willing to do the same as you commit others to.
Talk to my two purple hearts and the missing part of my large intestine if you can locate it about thirty miles southeast of Baghdad, just across the Euphrates bridge.
orichalcum said:
So much for the christian attitude towards love and non judgement, tell me friend, if this is all to end terrorism, what are your fellow christians going to do about North Korea?
Huh? I don't follow. I have gone back and forth with Synormi often enough to know how and what he thinks of us "warmongering christians". However, I also recognize that my comments where mean spirited and rude, for that I am truly sorry and wish your forgiveness. But, I will not apologize for my point and my stance on the issue.
Well, since I'm just a stupid liberal, could you please tell me how Iraq is doing /so much/ better now?
Well since you all won't return the favor and tell me how it is so much worse, I will ablige anyway. As of yesterday, the US has built 30 new school throughout the country. The US has basically rebuilt the enire civil services of the country. From fire, municiple workers, police force and other government services. PRivate business is flurishing and even selling there wares on the internet. The press is free and newspapers are all over the place. The US is helping to send those that are qualified to school to be doctors, in exchange for committment to return to the country to practice. Bottom line is, there are hundreds of thousands of great things that we have done. Those that don't believe it, are those who don't want to.
See above apology. My rant was not nice and I apologize for some of the language.
And democracy, let's not forget democracy. *coughs and points to Maesi's thread*
That's it. I tried. Lord knows I tried. But, as I said in another thread, I can't take this attitude by those who profess to be caring, compassionate and accepting, and yet blast people like me for being a hateful, uncaring christian. Nice, really nice. It is so hypocritical and every day that I spend on this ridiculously biased forum, the more unhappy I feel. I'm pretty tired of it, so later. There are some of you that I really like and I wish the best for you. The rest, well I hope that you can be happy someday.