• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witcher3?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Witcher 1 - BORING. Couldn't finish it because of the tedious combat and the juvenile depiction of women in a setting that's supposed to be more realistic and mature.

Witcher 2 - Intimidating. I've only played through the tutorial and find it very intimidating in terms of its combat. However, I've heard that one of the lead devs has released a mod that overhauls the gameplay to make it better, so I'll give that a try instead.

Given both of these, I'm not particularly keen on Witcher 3, but I do hope that it does away with its juvenile attitude towards women. The franchise definitely has potential.

Erebus

I've not played the first Witcher game, but I finished and enjoyed the second one. I like a bit of dark fantasy and the Witcher certainly does come off as pretty grim, so I'll most likely pick up the 3rd game at some point.

biased

I just bought 1 and 2 enhanced editions on the steam sale a week or two ago. Looking forward to getting through them and if I like them then I'll grab 3 when it comes out.

F0uad

The thing about Witcher 2 is that it treats you as a adult and not a child, i hope the same thing goes for Witcher 3 it looks so bad ***. To bad we don't know the release-date, i wish it was a MMORPG.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The thing about Witcher 2 is that it treats you as a adult and not a child, i hope the same thing goes for Witcher 3 it looks so bad ***. To bad we don't know the release-date, i wish it was a MMORPG.

It treats the player like an adult except in its depiction of sexuality, in which it definitely treats the player like an adolescent boy pretending to be an adult.

I hope Witcher 3 knocks that off, perhaps by taking inspiration from the finally-popular A Song of Ice and Fire, which treats its audience like adults in every way including sexuality.

And that the German actors are better than in Witcher 1. I don't know why, but playing the games in English just doesn't seem right, because the franchise is Polish in origin. I don't much like the sound of the Polish language, so I play in German which is also widely spoken in Poland. ^_^ But man, in the first game, the acting SUUUUUUUUUCKED!! (Regardless of language.)

Last edited:

F0uad

It treats the player like an adult except in its depiction of sexuality, in which it definitely treats the player like an adolescent boy pretending to be an adult.

I hope Witcher 3 knocks that off, perhaps by taking inspiration from the finally-popular A Song of Ice and Fire, which treats its audience like adults in every way including sexuality.

And that the German actors are better than in Witcher 1. I don't know why, but playing the games in English just doesn't seem right, because the franchise is Polish in origin. I don't much like the sound of the Polish language, so I play in German which is also widely spoken in Poland. ^_^ But man, in the first game, the acting SUUUUUUUUUCKED!! (Regardless of language.)
I don't need sex in my game, i agree the first game was terrible but 2 was incredible. Lets hope for 3 to be even better.

arcanum

I've played both editions, the first one was ok, the second one got me excited for a couple of minutes but it got very repetitive and I lost interest. The graphics on both were good but the game play was uninspiring. As far as the 3rd installment, I'll be reading reviews and weighing it very carefully before spending anymore money on that franchise.