• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wish me luck!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
i am experiencing a little prob. i woke up yesterday afternoon from a nap and realized i am unable to swallow fluids properly. it feels like i am also getting air as i swallow which makes me gag & caugh. its an uncomfortable feeling when you can't take a sip without choking. i talked to the anestisiologist (sorry for the mispelling) & he said that since it's been almost 4 days since the surgery & it's just bothering me now, if it doesn't go away in a day or 2, to go to an ENT or the emergency room. go figure :areyoucra. i go in for a wrist & finger surgery & i come out with a drinking problem. :sarcastic that doesn't read right.
Man, I don't like the sound of that. Can't you call your regular doc today?

Darkwater

While you are relaxing & resting,we can work upon a *self healing*(all you!)if you like?

It just so happens that my wee sister complained of having a chest pain & a sore throat,unable to swallow properly/gagging thing.

Turns out that the chest pain was a *shock* she had received,the throat thing was secondary to this & did arise literally after her *shock*...the sore throat was the words which had stuck in her mouth she wanted to say after the *shock* which she could not because of the circumstances(she was in a packed church at the time(Greek),some old ***** shouted at her she was in the wrong seat *shock*.....she instinctively went to answer,then didn't as she was in church.

I reckon you had a few choice things to say to someone/something & didn't for some reason Mrs Cardero,for reasons which you may wish to keep personal for whatever reason.

You have a blockage in your wrist which you must rest completely in order for the healing to take place,something happened at the hospital or you hurt your wrist after the operation & have not told anyone incase Cardero get's upset at you?

Either way,meditating upon what you were going to say but didn't will help,talking about it even more powerful medecine.

Should break down itself & pass naturally enough.

Have you ever used a kinesiologist?

It maybe go against your nature but please rest.....did you try typing with the hand attached to your sore wrist?ooohhh,that is naughty.

Tell Cardero the truth,you will feel better.Approach yourself in love & understanding first.

All the best,

Andy

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I am having surgery on my wrist and finger this morning (6:30am). I have a cyst on my left wrist and a fatty mass tumor on my ring finger. My doctor said that the fatty mass tumor should be removed before it gets any bigger. The one that will hurt the most will be my wrist since the cyst is so close to my veins. I will be out of work for 2 weeks so you will read me more often. It will take me a while to post, working with one hand and all, but I will probably get better and faster one handed.

The following things that I am concerned about:
*Putting on my pants due to zippers.
*Putting on my bra. :sad4:

Nekkid is much easier!!!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
i am experiencing a little prob. i woke up yesterday afternoon from a nap and realized i am unable to swallow fluids properly. it feels like i am also getting air as i swallow which makes me gag & caugh. its an uncomfortable feeling when you can't take a sip without choking. i talked to the anestisiologist (sorry for the mispelling) & he said that since it's been almost 4 days since the surgery & it's just bothering me now, if it doesn't go away in a day or 2, to go to an ENT or the emergency room. go figure :areyoucra. i go in for a wrist & finger surgery & i come out with a drinking problem. :sarcastic that doesn't read right.

the good thing is, i can drink warm fluids & i can eat. :D cardero suggests i warm up my water if it helps to swallow. keep you all updated. thanks to you all for the comfort.

I would rely on the doctors..Are you worried about some sort of reaction from the drugs??(like anaphylactic shock?) That happens quickly and violently.

Did they put a tube down your throat for surgery?Are you on antibiotics?

Im sorry you are hurting..((((HUGS)))

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
ooh my mistake! I hadn't seen this thread before you went for your surgery!!

It doesn't sound like you're having too much fun right now.

You need to keep hydrated, so if you can't swallow water well enough, that may be of some concern especially by tomorrow.

(though, maybe if you think like a tree and stick your feet in a bucket of dirt and water you might get somewhere! :p)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Might be a good idea to avoid thin liquids till this resolves, Mrs, C. If you aspirate something you could end up with pheumonia.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
update. it sucks not being able to go out & drive. my arm is starting to itch like crazy. i can drink properly now with no problems. sleeping in moderation of 4 hours on & off is another pain in the tush. my cat tried to lay on it this morning. she was licking the tip of my finger that i had surgery on. my finger is bandaged up & looks like something you don't want to know.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Latest update. They removed my bandage & stitches yesterday.
removing the stitches was a real tear jerker but it felt better.
When they stitched me, they made it really tight! But it feels
better now. They put a small bandage on my wrist and left my finger exposed. I thought I was going to have a gap on my finger
but I don't. My finger looks normal now. My wrist on the other
hand looks kind of funny.

I was given a choice to do physical therapy or my own physical
therapy. I decided to be my own personal therapist. The doctor
suggested just taking a tennis ball or something that I can
squeeze. I can also go back to work monday. My choice. Doctor
offered to give me another week off but I don't want to. She
said to see how I feel Sunday if I can drive my standard vehicle
or be able to bend my wrist and finger.

I am still favoring my left wrist and I know I have to slowly start using it. One step at I time I guess. Atleast I can type a
faster than with one hand. I have to give my left hand a rest
sometimes but I am doing a little better. I actually got to cut
cardero's meat last night for dinner presentation. I can't just
put a piece of meat on the plate and say, "Come & Get It!"
unless it's steak. MmmmmMMmmmm!!! Steak! I can make steak
and cut it myself now. I didn't make anything or buy anything
for myself if I had to cut it. Don't like being a burdon to anyone.

That is all folks. One handed mrscardero has left the building.
I welcome mrscardero and her 10 finger orchestra.