• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will monkeys/apes someday become sentient?

kutulu

personally i beleive that the lack of "intelligence" in other animals is superior to our "intelligence" you do not see cats annhiliating eachother in massive wars or causing irreparible damage to the planet. yet they can obviosly communicate and live successfully.

perhaps many animals have not evolved big brains and morals beacause they dont need to!
maybe we will evolve to be more stupid... lol. doubtful that is possible though... look at the republicans

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Is it arrogant to assume the next to posses these qualities will be another ape?:confused:

It might be to a degree. I dunno. Dolphins and porpoises would be my second choice. However in physical comparison with primates it seems that primates are more inclined to "win" so to speak as they already have many physical characteristics in place that enables them to manipulate and develop tools in their environments.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
However in physical comparison with primates it seems that primates are more inclined to "win" so to speak as they already have many physical characteristics in place that enables them to manipulate and develop tools in their environments.
I agree. Don't forget, homo sapiens is a primate.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I believe that all animals (yes, when I say animals I include our human species also) are sentient and intelligent.

We are just very advanced, but all non-human animals are intelligent right beside us! It's just not in an advanced way, though it may be advanced to them because they have a different way of viewing things in life.

But if you were to ask if apes or monkeys were to become advanced, I would say sure, I believe they are catching up... and we are slowing down.