• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wiccan Books

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Rebecca just got her Christmas presents early. 2 books, the 1st one called 'WICCA' by Scott Cunningham and 'Green Witchcraft' by Ann Moura. She's to busy reading them to post! :D I'll read them after she's done. Thoughts on them? Figure this might be a good place to discuss books, as Michel was asking about them earlier.

Fluffy

A fool
The one by Scott Cunningham, is it titled Wicca: A Guide To The Solitary Practioner? I have to admit to being a big fan of him :). His book marks a big break from the more traditional forms of Wicca which I approve of and my only criticism is that it would have been nice to know a little bit more about how he viewed the ethical component to Wicca. Other than that, the ritual and spiritual side of things are covered quite nicely and I like the way he tactfully handles Wicca's history, always makes me smile :).

Fluffy

A fool
Fluffy, that's the one! Another question. Are there more then one book of shadows?
Thousands. Scott published that of his coven I believe? Or part of it... I cannot remember specifically. It is entitled the Standing Stones I think.

Some Wiccans write their own although I do not quite feel ready to begin one again after the "blip" in my faith. It is basically your own Holy Scripture. I find that it is best to write one on the computer because my religion is continuously changing and evolving meaning that a paper copy has much scribbling :).

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Rebecca is sitting here nodding her head yes! She'll get back to you on this in a bit!

Fluffy

A fool
Rebecca is sitting here nodding her head yes! She'll get back to you on this in a bit!
I look forward to it :). A question to Rebecca, were you ever part of a coven, traditional or otherwise?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Fluffy said:
I look forward to it :). A question to Rebecca, were you ever part of a coven, traditional or otherwise?
Funny, that question was brought up last night, and no. She explained, hope I got this right, that most Wiccans are self taught, mostly from reading, something about even spells. Not quite sure what she meant.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
No Fluffy, I often thought about becoming a part of a coven... But in my eyes I would have been a Wicca once a month.
I am a loner, and hate people, I love my own company.​
I am self taught, with a little help from a wonderful and spiritual trip to Glastonbury, where I spent alot of time with like minded people. I was a traveller back then, so spent a while there. 100% solitary.

Fluffy

A fool
No Fluffy, I often thought about becoming a part of a coven... But in my eyes I would have been a Wicca once a month.
I am a loner, and hate people, I love my own company.​
Yeah I can totally understand that, I go through long stretches of being anti-social and not wanting to see anybody :).

I am self taught, with a little help from a wonderful and spiritual trip to Glastonbury, where I spent alot of time with like minded people. I was a traveller back then, so spent a while there. 100% solitary.
Same :). I find it very sad the way solitaries are disregarded and viewed as inferior by many pagans, it is one of the less attractive bits that people often miss.

soma

John Kuykendall
Alone is al-one all-one. We have to be alone to feel one with everything. A great book for loners is "Evolution of Conscousness" It takes you on that journey alone where all meet in one. The site for it is http://thinkunity.com