• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wicca

People misunderstand my religion and that really pisses me off. :149: Some of the things that people say to me make me want to beat my head against a brick wall. :banghead3 Suprise :eek: that this may be, Wicca is not "devil worshipping" and we don't practice "black magic." I will admit a small percentage do and that's what gives us a bad name. We don't do half the things you think we do. We revere nature. Nature plays an important role in everybody's life. I don't ask anybody to convert to my religion because I believe that everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe without persecution. Other people say that, but actions speak louder than words and if you say it but don't practice it, then you don't really believe it. So why lie? :confused: You think that your religion is the only religion, the right religion and that's okay. Just don't try to force your beliefs on someone else. I'm not an overtly happy person. I do have my good days but everyone that knows me, knows that I'm not as cynical as I act. But people make a really big deal about religion and their beliefs and it makes me mad. If you're happy in your belief, then more power to ya. I'm happy that you've found your nitch and your joy and by all means express it. But don't do it so much that people start to see the religion and not the person.

robin3

and so they go on and on about it.i have to love them.because i honestly believe they don't know any better,a few of them ,remember i said a few of them don't seem
to understand that our beliefs or ours and theres is theres,i get a few door to door.
i just put the blame on they are trying to get people to there church so i will give up
my hard earned money to them.(i know it is to keep the church bulding up)but to forgive is also golden.remember what goes around comes around, i just love adding
juice to that one.(it thends to speed it up a little):jiggy:

amylong

I'm sure that there are people from other religions who practice black magick too. It seems to me that that has more to do with those people's hatred for life than about any particular religion.

The Wiccans I know are extremely peaceful and kind. I may just be lucky enough to meet nice people, but then again, it may be a trend.

I've never cared for anyone coming door to door to sell me anything, religion especially. If I want something, I know where to find it.

--Amy
Universal Life Church Seminary