• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Woke and Christian Communities Need Each Other

Treasure Hunter

When the self shares the light with the victim, then the self will experience what the victim experiences.
The Christian self highly identifies with the Kingdom. However, where victimization occurs, sin will be there also. Since sin is antithetical to the Kingdom, the Christian may have a subtle tendency to overlook the victim in order to protect their identity.

The Woke self highly identifies with the victim. The Woke individual can help influence the Christian to identify less with the Kingdom and more with the victim. Counter-intuitively, this gets the Christian closer to the Kingdom.

When the self shares the light with the victim, then the self will experience what the victim experiences.
Again, the Woke self highly identifies with the victim, so the Woke self will especially feel isolation, persecution, and sensitivity to these feelings of the oppressed. Because of this, the Woke self will naturally develop a strong attachment to the comforter, who relieves the pain of the self. However, this relief has the unintended consequence of casting the victim within out of the light in order to care for the self.

Counter-intuitively, the Woke self must detach from and reject the comforter in order to share the light and care for the victim within. In other words, the self must identify less with the victim in order to care for the victim.

In Christianity, there is the idea of denying yourself and bearing the cross. The Christian individual can help influence the Woke to identify less with the victim in order to share the light and care for the victim.

Treasure Hunter

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Christ is giving voice to the victim here. Where the victim is, that is where Christ is also. Not with the self who identifies with the victim but with the victim. We must differentiate the two.

To deny yourself is to deny the self which identifies with the victim and experiences what the victim experiences but is NOT equivalent to the victim. The self which identifies with the victim and is attached to the comforter will deny the victim within.

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
The self which identifies with the victim is not the least. The victim within who gets denied and forsaken by the self is the least.

Treasure Hunter

When someone victimizes another, they are summoning forth the victim within of the target individual into the light, which is why the self of the victimized individual experiences victimization. The community response, which is appropriate, is to support and affirm the self which is experiencing victimization because the victim within has been summoned to the light. That support of the self casts the victim out of the light, relieving the self but further victimizing the victim within.

Only the self of the individual can care for the victim within of that individual. This is why so many who have found community support still feel empty and unfulfilled deep down within. It is not the pain of the self but the pain of the victim within who is being neglected for and by the self.

Each individual must determine for themselves when they are ready to detach their self from the support and comfort of their community and transition to focusing on caring for the victim within.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
When you write ...

you suggest Woke communities on the one hand and Christian communities on the other,
and this, in turn, suggests a muddled understanding of both adjectives.

Treasure Hunter

When you write ...

you suggest Woke communities on the one hand and Christian communities on the other,
and this, in turn, suggests a muddled understanding of both adjectives.
I agree that there is overlap. Do you disagree that there is distinction?